You Belong With Me! chapter 27

Chapter 27

Here goes nothing? What the hell was I thinking I can't do this I just can't! I kept thinking to myself as I stood outside the school entrance. After I got my hair and makeup done my Mom brought in this beautiful white dress for me to wear. I asked her where she got it from and she just told me that she was hoping I would change my mind so she went dress shopping for me. After getting dressed and putting shoes on, I traded my glasses for the contacts, it took me a few minutes to get use to them before texting Aimee that changed my mind and that would be there soon. So here I am now standing outside the school arguing with myself.

"Taylor!" I heard Aimee shouted as she opened the doors grabbed my hand and pulled me in. "I can't believe you're here!" She shrieked while jumping up and down. "I love the dress where did you get it?" Aimee asked when she finally stopped jumping.

"My mom bought for me just in case I changed my mind. She was really hoping I would." I said while smoothing out my dress from being pulled around.

"What made you change your mind?" She asked as we walked down the hall.

"I need to do something and I was hoping you and the guys will help me out?" I asked stopping near the entrance to the gym where the dance is being held.

"Of course we'll help you out you know that. Let me go get Levi, Joel, and Luke for you." She was just about to open the gym doors before I stopped her.

"Wait. I only need Levi and Joel not Luke. I want to surprise Luke" I quickly said. She looked at me for a second before giving a big smile and nod before going in. I walked away from the doors and down the hall a little bit before hearing the gym doors open again. I turned around to see all my friends heading my way with big smiles on their faces before I was engulfed in big group hug

"Umm guys, I can't breathe here" I gasped before being let go.

"So what do you need help with?" Levi asked.

"Let's go to the music room first and I'll tell you everything" I said leading them down the hall to the music room. "So here's what I need" I said before telling them everything. I just hoped this works and don't humiliate myself for nothing.

"Do you have any question?" I asked while everyone grabbed what they needed.

"Nope I think we're good. All you have to do is wait for our signal okay." Joel said walking out of the music room.

"Good luck Love" Levi said following Joel.

"Are you okay?" Aimee asked while fixing my hair a bit.

"I will be, I'm just anxious. I don't want to make a fool of myself." I took a deep breath before letting it out slowly.

"You'll do great and everything will work out in the end I promise." Aimee gave me one last hug before walking out of the room. I can do this, I can do this I chanted to myself before walking out the door as well. As I made it back to the gym Joel was waiting for me with a cordless microphone.

"Here put this on and turn around so that I can hook it to the back of your dress" He said quickly. "We have everything set up so far the DJ said we can start as soon as you're ready." He turned back towards him. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be" I replied.

"Okay good, so far no one knows what we're up too, do you have everything?" he asked while looking in the window of gym most likely looking for Aimee and Levi.

I held up the folded piece of paper in my hand "yep, does Aimee and Joel have the music sheets?" I asked before taking another deep breath and letting it slowly to help calm my nerves.

"Yes they have everything they need" he said looking through the glass one more time. "Okay it's time. You got this." I soon as he said that I heard the music start playing.

I walked up to the doors and looked through the window to watch everyone reaction before I started singing.

'You're on the phone with your girlfriend

She's upset she's going off about something that you said

Cause she doesn't your humor like I do.'

I watched as everybody stops what they're doing, looking around to see who's singing.

'I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night.

I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.

And she'll never know your story like I do.

I keep on singing while looking for Luke in the crowd.

'But she wears short skirts

I wear T-shirts

She's cheer captain

And I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

I see Luke with a big smile on his face listening to the lyrics of the song while looking around. I know that he knows that it's me singing. He kept looking around him probably to see if he could find me. As I got closer to the end of the song I found the courage to go in to gym. As soon as I walked in everyone around me stopped to look at me while making a pathway for me. I walked in the direction that I knew Luke was standing. He stopped talking as soon as he seen me and started walking towards me with a smile on his face. As he got closer Trish tried to grab his arm but he just ignored her and kept walking towards me I started sing the last part of the song looking down while opening the note that had three words on it.

'Have you ever thought just maybe

You belong with me?

You belong with me.'

When I looked up after singing the last word I noticed Luke holding up a note as well -with a big smile on his face- that said the same exact same thing as my note.

"I LOVE YOU"

~The End~