Chapter 21:

thanks to  @StoranOfMyLife

I try to study when I get back to my room but I can't focus. After staring at my notes for an hour, I decide to go take a shower. The co-ed bathrooms still make me uncomfortable when they are crowded but no one ever messes with me. The hot water feels amazing and loosens up my tense muscles. I should feel relieved and happy that Harry and I have reached some sort of truce but now the anger and annoyance has been replaced by nervousness and confusion. I have agreed to spend time with Harry tomorrow, doing something "fun" and I am terrified. I just hope it goes well and we can be friends, I don't expect to become best friends with him but I need us to get to a place where we don't scream at each other every time we talk.

When I get back to my room, I find a note from Tristan saying he is taking Steph off campus for dinner. If Steph and Tristan continue to see each other then maybe when Natalie comes to visit we could all go do something together. Who am I kidding? I know Natalie would not want to hang out with people like Tristan and Steph, and I will admit that up until three weeks ago I never would have either.

I end up calling Natalie before bed, we haven't talked all day.

"Hey Louis, how was your day?" She asks me as soon as she picks up.

"It was good, long but good" I should tell her that Harry and I are going to hang out tomorrow.

"That's good to hear. I had a soccer game tonight in Seattle, I am just now getting back"

"That's awesome, how did it go?" She tells me how they beat Seattle High by a landslide, even though they are one of the best teams in the state. We talk about her family and before I know it we are getting off the phone. I couldn't find the right time to mention my plans with Harry tomorrow, and honestly, I didn't try.

The next day goes by far too fast. Liam and I walk into Literature and Harry is already in his seat.

"Are you ready for our date tonight?" Harry asks and my mouth falls open. Liam's does too.

"It's not a date, we are only hanging out, as friends," I tell Liam, ignoring Harry. Day one of our quest to become friends is not going well so far.

"Same thing" Harry smirks and I roll my eyes. I avoid him the rest of the class which is easy since he doesn't try to talk to me.

"Be careful tonight," Liam tells me after class.

"I will, we are just trying to be civil since my roommate is his friend"

"I know, you're really a great friend to him, I am just not sure Harry deserves your kindness," he says and I look up at him.

"Don't you have something else to do besides bad mouth me? Get lost" Harry snaps from behind me. Liam frowns and looks at me again.

"Remember what I said," he says and walks away.

"You don't have to be cruel to him, you guys are practically brothers, " I say and his eyes go wide.

"What did you just say?" He growls.

"You know, your dad and his mom?" Was Liam lying? Or was I not supposed to mention this. Liam said not to mention Harry's relationship with his dad but I didn't think he meant the whole thing.

"That is none of your business, I don't know why the asshole even told you that. I am going to have to shut him up it seems"

"You leave him alone Harry, he didn't even want to tell me but I got it out of him" I defend him. The idea of Harry hurting Liam makes me sick. I need to change the subject. "So where are we going today?" I ask and he glares at me.