Chapter 25:

thanks to @ziall_rendezvouslove

My tears are dry and showered and somewhat mentally stable by the time Tristan returns from the movies.

"So, how was your.. hang out with Harry?" He asks and grabs his pajamas out of his dresser.

"It was okay, he was his normal ..charming self," I tell him and manage a laugh. I want to tell him about what we did but I am too ashamed. I know he wouldn't judge me but I don't want anyone to know, I just hope Harry doesn't tell anyone, although I wouldn't put it past him. He looks at me with concern evident in his eyes and I have to look away.

"Just be careful okay, you're too nice for someone like Harry," he says and I want to hug him and cry into his shoulder. He knows Harry better than most people and he even thinks I should stay away.

"How was the movie?" I change the subject. He tells me how Steph kept feeding him popcorn during it and that he is really starting to like her. I want to gag but I know I am just jealous that Tristan actually likes her, the way Harry doesn't like me. But I do have someone who loves me and I need to start treating him better and stay away from Harry, for real this time.

Eventually, he falls asleep and I do the same shortly after.

The next morning I force myself out of bed and get dressed. I feel drained, I have no energy and I feel like I could cry at any moment. My eyes are red from crying last night so I walk over to Tristan's  dresser and grab his makeup bag. I pull out brown eyeliner and draw a thin line under my eyes and on my eyelid. It makes my eyes look much better. I put on a little powder just to cover under my eyes and give my skin a little color. I am pleased with the way I look and I put on my tight jeans and a tank top. I feel naked so I grab a white cardigan out of my closet and put it over. This is the most effort I have made in my appearance for a regular school day since picture day my senior year of high school.

I stop by the coffee house and grab Liam a drink too. I am still pretty early to class so I walk slower than usual.

"Hey, Louis right?" I hear a guy's voice say. I look over and see the preppy boy.  

(*** does anyone remember their name?)

"Yea?' I ask him and he nods.

"You coming over again this weekend?" He asks. He must be part of the frat. Of course, he is, he is preppy and gorgeous.

"Oh no, not this weekend" I laugh and he joins in.

"Bummer, you were fun. Well, if you change your mind you know where it is" he laughs. "I gotta go or I will be late, see you around" he gives me another smile and walks away.

Liam is already seated and thanks me repeatedly for bringing him coffee.

"You look different today," he says as I sit down.

"I put makeup on" I laugh and he smiles. He doesn't ask about my night with Harry and I am grateful. I am not ready to talk about it yet. Just as I begin to stop thinking about Harry, it is time for Literature.

Harry is sitting in his normal seat in the front. I want to ask Liam to switch seats with me but I don't want to have to explain why. Harry is wearing a white t-shirt for once and his tattoos are visible underneath it. It amazes me how attractive I find his tattoos and piercings, I never cared for either before. I look away quickly and pull out my notes. I hope Liam arrives soon so I won't feel so alone with Harry.

"Louis?" Harry whispers as the class begin to fill up. No. Don't answer him. Ignore him. I repeat to myself.

"Louis?" He says again, this time, louder.

"Do not speak to me, Harry," I say through my teeth and still avoid looking at him. I will not fall back into his trap.

"Oh, come on," he says and I can tell he is laughing at me.

"I mean it Harry, leave me alone" My tone is harsh but I don't care.

"Fine, have it your way," he says equally harsh and I sigh. Liam walks in and I am so grateful.

"You okay?" Liam asks kindly.

"Yea, I'm fine." I lie and class begins.