7 - Zayn

March 25th, 2015

I woke up, rolled over, and texted Olivia. It was only 7:30 but I knew she was up and if she wasn't yet, she'd just respond when she woke up. I just didn't want to miss the opportunity. I'm not sure why I felt the need to be around her so bad, but I did.

Good morning, Olivia. What time do you have to be in class this morning?

Morning! I have to be there at 8:30. If that's too early for you I can just catch the bus like I always do lol, she texted back before I put my phone down.

I jumped up and started getting dressed immediately. I pulled on a pair of grey skinnies and rifled through my closet for a T-shirt. I came across my 'cool kids don't dance' shirt and threw that on. I figured with Olivia being a fan she'd appreciate it.

After doing my hair and pulling a pair of black boots on, I grabbed my keys and left. I knew I was early, but I wanted to get her a coffee before I got there.

I drove past Starbucks and picked up our drinks. Then raced to her building and parked right outside the front door. It was raining and I didn't want her to have to get wet. I even took it a step further and waited for her with an umbrella in the lobby.

It wasn't a long wait this time and I didn't run into Liam either. She stepped off the elevator in a pair of perfectly fitting jeans and a bright yellow jacket. She had her hair back in a half up, half down style.

She smiled when she saw me. "Morning, Zayn."

"Morning, Olivia." I couldn't wipe my stupid grin off. I just went with it. The two of us just smiling at each other as we walked through the doors. I opened the car door for her and shut it behind her.

I've never been that guy to open and shut doors for my girl, but for some reason with her I wanted to. I didn't want her to have to do anything for herself.

I jogged to my side, shutting the umbrella quickly and hopping in the car. "It's chilly today," I said as I started the car and turned the heat on.

"It felt so good yesterday." She said. "That's London, I guess."

I chuckled. "What's the weather like where you're from?"

"We get all the seasons there. Its warm in the spring, it's hell in the summer, cool in the fall, and cold as shit during the winter. But it doesn't snow much." She said.

"It must be horrible living here now,"

"You would think so, but I'm weird. I love the cold and I love rain."

"Maybe you were meant to be here." I said.

"Maybe," she said, blushing as she looked down at her hands.

That reminded me. "I got you a coffee." I said gesturing to the coffee in the holder on her side. She picked it up as I finally pulled out of the parking lot.

"Thank you, Zayn. I love how you actually remembered what I drink." She said looking at my name on the side of her drink.

"Even down to the double shot of caffeine and the extra chocolate flakes on top of the whipped cream." I had to laugh at myself. I sounded like an over enthusiastic assistant.

She laughed as well. "I appreciate it though. You're so thoughtful."

And you're so beautiful, I thought to myself. "Thank you," I smiled.

We rode in peaceful silence for a minute before she spoke up again. "You know, you keep driving me around people are gonna start to think stuff about us."

People are always jumping to conclusions about my life and who I choose to be around anyway, this would be no different. Besides, I don't think I'd mind people assuming things about us. Maybe it'd push the slow process of 'just friends' right along.

"Would that bother you?"

"Oh no, not at all. I just don't want it to ruin this." She said. She began biting her lip nervously. "I like what we have here. I like our friendship."

I wasn't sure whether I had just been friend-zoned or not. But I was determined to keep trying. "I like it too, and I don't think I'd let any headlines ruin it for me."

"Me either." She nodded.

"Good, because tonight, there will probably be tons of paparazzi. I wasn't thinking about it when I invited you, but Chris and K attract attention. But if you're fine with it, I am. I don't mind being pictured with you."

She began biting her lip again and I could see it all over her face that she was nervous about it.

"Please, don't feel pressured, You don't have to go,"

"It's just- I don't wanna embarrass you. You guys will be talking about all these people I don't know and all these places I've never been. I'll feel so out of place. I won't be able to relate you know, I'll make things awkward." She sighed. She was feeling anxious about dinner and I couldn't blame her, but there's no way I'd put her into that kind of situation. I know Chris and Karrueche and I know they're good people to be around. "They're so famous and just like out of my league. I can't even imagine what I would talk to them about."

"The same things you talk to me about. I'm famous too, remember?"

Her jaw dropped. "I- I- you're right. It was like I forgot for a moment. Maybe I'm just over thinking it and worrying too much. I do that all the time," she shook her head as she let out a breathy chuckle.

"Don't worry, Olivia. Trust me, it'll all be good. I'll be there the whole time. Try not to think of this as something special. Just a night out with friends. That's all it is really. There probably won't even be much personal talk anyway. Chris and I are about to do a song with Usher and we just wanted to straighten some things out. Then we'll go home," I said. "Or uh, I'll take you home and what not."

She nodded as we pulled up to her class.

"What time do you get out? I'll pick you up."

"My class ends at 9:15, it's a short one today. You don't have to if you don't want to, honestly."

"I want to, trust me."

I got the umbrella out and walked around to her side to let her out. After shutting the door, I walked her up to the front and I could already see people watching the two of us.

"Alright well, I'll see you in a bit." She said as she grabbed the handle on the door.

"I'll be waiting right here," I smiled.

She gave me a wave and a bashful grin before heading inside. The second I turned around to go back to my car, I was rushed by a group of girls, all screeching for a picture with me.