8 - Zayn

March 25th, 2015

I called up Harry after dropping Olivia off. We met up at some small deli to talk and catch up.

"So, you're still going to take her out tonight?" He asked me.

I nodded as I looked at the rain on the window. "We talked about it, she's nervous but it's because she doesn't feel like she's on their level. The celebrity thing intimidates her."

"That's odd, being that she's with you."

"I mentioned that to her earlier and she said she keeps forgetting I'm famous. I think thats a good thing though. I don't wanna ever have her feel uncomfortable around me."

Harry nodded. "How did you two even meet?"

I smiled as I remembered her face as she stepped onto the lift that morning. "The day I called the meeting, I met her on the way up. I told her first, before I told any of you guys. We talked for a little and she gave me some really good advice."

"Advice?"

"If it weren't for her I'm not sure of I would've gone through with it."

"So you're telling me she's the one who convinced you to leave the group?" He asked in an almost angry voice.

"Don't blame her, it was my idea. I was just needing some uplifting, you know?"

Harry shook his head. "Mate, she sounds like she had a plan."

"That's ridiculous, Harry. I already had my mind made for weeks before I even met her." I shook my head. "She just gave me the confidence boost I needed."

"I don't know, man. You may have a snake on your hands,"

"I didn't say any of that when you dated, Taylor." I stood as I shook my head. "You're only saying that to ruin it for me. You're still mad that I left and you're trying to get back at me." I pulled my jacket on and grabbed my drink. "Goodbye, Harry. Don't call me anymore."
I left and he didn't even say anything. He didn't try to stop me. He didn't try to explain himself. Just nothing. I was hoping I wasn't right, but his lack of protest convinced me otherwise.

I got back in my truck and headed back towards Olivia's class. I wasn't gonna let Harry tell me anything about her. He's never even met her.

¤

"Zayn!" A small voice and a tapping noise woke me from my quick nap. I'd fallen asleep waiting for Olivia to get out of class.

But there she was tapping on my window now. I rolled it down as I stretched. "Can I help you?" I joked.

She laughed, her smile lighting her face. "Yeah, you could open the door, it's pretty cold out here."

I smiled as I clicked the lock. She jogged around the car and got in quickly. "Did you sleep out here the whole time?"

"No, I went to see Harry, but he pissed me off so I came back here and waited." I checked my watch. "Its only been ten minutes,"

"Oh, I see." She nodded.

I started up the car. "So where am I going?"

"Uh, I don't necessarily need to go home right now. If you wanna hang out, we can."

"Okay," I nodded trying to conceal my excitement. "Would you like to see my apartment? It's clean at the moment."

"Sure," she chuckled.

"Okay, cool." I pulled out of the parking lot quickly and headed home.

"So, you mentioned Harry. How'd that go?" She asked me, starting the conversation.

"Awful. He's got a hidden agenda, I think. He doesn't want to see me happy." I said honestly. I found myself never holding back when I spoke to Olivia. After she kept my first secret, it made me feel like she could just keep them all.

"That sounds crazy, Zayn. Why wouldn't he want to see you happy?"

"Me leaving the band is gonna impact them and everyone knows it. We just don't know how yet, and I guess he hates me for putting him in that position."

I honestly still hoped that I was wrong about my assumptions. I couldn't handle someone trying to sabotage me at the same time I was trying to kick start my solo career.

"I just don't see Harry doing something that." She said as she picked at the nail polish on her bitten nails.

"You don't really know him."

"I guess I keep forgetting that too," she said.

"I don't wanna ruin your vision of him, so I'll just put it like this, if Harry wants something, he'll get it. So if he wants to ruin this for me, he will."

"No, he can't. Zayn you're just as powerful as he is." She said.

I hoped she was right.

¤

probably some typos, didn't feel like rereading this bc it took forever to write it