A Dangerous Turn

September 15th 2150

It has been a few days since the attack. Surprisingly, there has been no robot attacks since the last attack. Rock sighed in relief, knowing that they can get to the police station faster, give them their information, receive some money, go home, then they can bring justice to the guy who did this.

He couldn't seem to remember the old man's name but, Rock knew there was an old man in the picture. Probably the guy who did this. He didn't know his name though and why he was doing this.

They were walking and were almost out of food. They were almost out of the forest, according to Rock's calculations. Amara was relieved because she was starting to get bored of the same old scenery for the past week. The same old trees, the same old bodies of water, and the same old flowers.

Amara was silent for a few hours of walking. She was always the silent one. The mysterious one. Everyone who at least looked at her knew that. She wasn't missed by anyone at all due to her outfit choices. Everyone who looked at her thought she was sick at least. A lot of her family were concerned of her and she honestly was okay with that. She was concerned for herself as well.

She sighed as she kicked a stone, knocking it towards a nearby pond. She was hungry and thirsty. They were almost out of food. She wanted to eat the rest but, they had a long way to go at their slow pace.

She quickly got some water then ran back to Rock. He noticed that she was starting to get sadder and sadder every day. He looked at her and started to speak.

"Amara. Why are you sad?" Amara was startled, not hearing any voices in a while. She looked at her robot friend for a few minutes.

"Um...nothing Rock. I am fine."

"You need to talk. I can read you like a book and you are sad about something." Amara sighed, knowing he was right.

"It is just my life Rock. Why am I doing this? Why can't just I just go away and just go up into the sky? Not caring about anything. Not stressing about anything at all. Not worrying about this crazy guy murdering millions of innocent people. This is so stressful!" Amara snapped, starting to let out the tears.

Rock didn't know about mentally snapping but, he was starting to think that she was just going insane and stressing out too much. He embraced her and started to stroke her back, knowing that it might calm her down. That turned out to be true as Amara went into the embrace. She needed this comfort.

"For a robot, your body is so warm," Amara offhandedly remarked starting to be embarrassed by this. Rock knew that this was the love emotion. Amara was loving this. It was clear to him. He let go after a few minutes of hugging.

"Are you feeling better?" Rock asked. Seeing Amara nodding, he felt satisfied. He started walking towards the end of the forest. Amara quickly snapped out of her day dream then followed her friend. Seeing the end of the forest, both of them were super happy that they can escape the boring scenery of the forest.

----------

It was 2:30 and Amara and Rock were in a fast food restaurant, eating a quick bite. Amara finished the food a few hours ago after they escaped the forest. Rock was watching Amara eat, lost in thought. Since they were closer to the South, they didn't see that Rock was a robot. They did suspect him, though but Amara had to cover for him.

Thinking of all the robots that he had to kill, he was trying to remember them before this Hell happened. It was hard to remember, though. He only remembered fragments. When he played with kids was interesting to him. That was all he remembered, though.

"Why can't I remember?" Rock thought out loud to himself. He was seeing Amara eating her sandwich. At least she brought some money for food, which was only about $20. Rock was pretty bored here since he couldn't eat.