The New Boy

September 18th, 2150 

It was an hour after Amara has woken up from her nap. She was wide awake since she got a coffee, which she hasn't had in weeks. It was wonderful that she got it. They had her favorite creamer and coffee. 

"This won't be as bad as I thought it would be. I am worried about Rock, though. I wonder what has happened to him? All I hope is that he is safe." Amara started to sip her coffee, watching some news about another robot attack, killing 40 people. It seems that they are getting stronger. 

It was about 5 in the evening. Out her window, it was raining pretty hard. She didn't know where she was. She was worried about getting back home. If they had managed to foreclose her home yet. She was especially worried about Rock. 

She suddenly heard someone knocking on the door. 

"Come in," Amara greeted, knowing that it was the nurse coming to check on her. When the door was opened, she noticed it wasn't the nurse. It was a boy. Who looked to be 15. She wondered who he was. She saw him walking towards her bed. 

"You're Amara yes?" Amara started to get a little nervous because of his serious tone. Amara nodded silently. 

"Good. I am Cameron. The one that brought you here. We are not a threat as you can see." 

"Of course. Would they give me my favorite coffee if I was kidnapped?" Amara jokingly asked, getting the boy to give a small smile. 

"Well, some kidnappers probably do." 

"I don't think so at all. They are crazy people!" 

"Of course. Well, we are analyzing the information that is from your backpack. Some of the papers were ripped, but we were able to find  some information about the origins of the robot army. That was your backpack right?" He asked her, with the serious tone again. 

"Well, if it was a black backpack with an A on it, then yes. I was originally going to give it to police to analyze. So they can probably figure out this whole mess. But this place is good as well. I learned from the nurse that this was a military base." 

"She would be correct," Cameron responded. "My father is general at this base. He calls the shots. He has his own branch of the military that are currently battling the robots that are rogue in the world." Amara nodded at this situation. 

"So, in just about a month of attacking, they are already killing people outside the United States?" Amara asked with curiosity. Cameron nodded. 

"This problem needs to be stopped as soon as possible, but they are really getting high ground in this battle. Of course, all the leaders are trying to get along with others so they can cooperate to destroy these robots. Unfortunately, some countries like the United States and Russia are still at a quarrel thanks to their past." 

"What we need to do is figure out where the robots are being developed. Then, we can destroy the source and the leader of this terrorist group." Amara was silent. He seemed to be super mad at this "terrorist group". 

"Hey, Cameron. Don't worry. That is what I want to. You see, my parents were killed in the very first attack. I was depressed until I killed a robot myself. I did find something interesting in that robot. A control program. They also have an emotion program. It isn't perfect, so they can be emotionally manipulated by someone. I bet that is what happened according to my robot friend." 

"So, that robot that we brought in. Was that Rock?" Amara nodded solemnly. 

"I just hope you aren't treating him poorly. Or else, I will do something about that," Amara threatened in a low tone. The smiled as she finished her coffee.