A Secret Backup Plan

October 8th, 2150

"Are you okay Rock?" 

Coming to his senses, Rock started to look around the room. It looked like a hospital but was on a familiar table. He frowned, not noticing a familiar nurse. Until she spoke again. 

"Rock are you okay?" Then he noticed the nurse.

"Ella?" 

"Of course. Who else would it be? I was just checking on you. Amara took you in yesterday." 

He was starting to remember the incident. Thank God that she managed to make it before he would completely shut down. He should be grateful that he has her in his life. That bombing was pretty scary. Especially him having to have Amara risk her own life to confront that suicide bomber. 

Hopefully, that guy is still alive. Maybe not, but he wasn't sure. He needed to talk to his friend soon. But since that bombing failed to destroy the laboratory, what is going to happen next? How will they plan it out? What is that new plan? 

"Thank God she did. I would've been dead if not for her. I can easily just waste that energy that I have in my system just to obliterate an android." 

"Hey Rock, I always wondered why you betrayed them? Robots seem to have a certain code that makes them obliterate us, humans." 

"Well," Rock started. "When it comes to that, that question is understandable. Us robots have emotions that can easily manipulate us. It isn't perfect and we can't control them. If we can, it is only a little bit. Since we have emotions, we also have the capability to make decisions based on our feelings. I happen to be the only robot that had a different opinion on humans. They helped built me and a human saved my life. I honestly wasn't trusting humans at first but I could understand why we didn't trust each other at first." 

Ella started to understand where Rock was coming from. When robots were part of everyday life, they were emotionless. They served us. Of course, some people believed that they deserved to live among humans. That was a bad idea but it was implemented. And now, the new war was going on. 

She honestly felt bad for Rock. Hopefully, he will be able to live after the war is over. Amara would be heartbroken if he had to be shut down just like the other robots. She frowned but gained her smile when she stopped thinking that negative thought. 

"I understand. Do you want me to get Amara in the room?" 

"Attention," A voice interrupted. "A meeting will be held in five minutes. If your name is called, please come to room 447..." Hearing Rock's name, the boy looked at Ella, wanting to leave. She silently laughed at the boy's behavior. 

"You can go. You are fine." Thanking her silently, he quickly left the room. 

A few minutes of running, Rock quickly got to the room just in time. Walking into the room silently, he greeted his group of friends and sat down by Amara. She was quickly starting to speak. 

"I thought you wouldn't make it. Are you feeling better?" 

"Of course. Hopefully, this is a meeting to explain the situation now." 

"Hopefully," Amara agreed, looking to see if Charles is here yet. A minute later, he came in with some presentation disks. Everyone in the room started to get quiet. 

"Hello, everyone. My name is Charles as most of you know. In this meeting, we will be talking about why the missile we launched ended up failing. Technology has advanced in the 22nd century that are in Alpha stages in development. Such as holograms and computers. The missile is one of those. It is supposed to blow up anything." 

"That is why it is super dangerous and people have invented immune formulas so buildings don't get destroyed by accident. That is what the Master used for his building. He predicted that we would do this. We do have a plan but they could be spying on us right now. So we won't reveal it here. Instead, you will get a letter about it if you are going to be involved. All of you are going to be involved in one way or another." 

"So, if any of you were losing hope on this project, you will gain hope when you look at your part of the plan!" Charles ended with a cocky grin. Everyone was clapping happily, including Amara, who was really starting to lose hope. 

----------

In the evening, everyone got their paper about the plan. The plan is that they were going to risk their lives and infiltrate the source once and for all. They were planning to drive there, not wanting to have their plane get hijacked if they did travel. They are targeted already and needed to go as soon as possible. 

The three were reading their papers aloud to each other  but not without Amara checking the room to see any cameras. Turning them all off and crushed all the bugs in the room. That went on for 10 minutes before getting back on her bed to read hers. 

"Okay, we are ready. Mine says, Hey Amara. You are going to participate in a risky plan to help stop this war. We need to fight back the robots that are killing innocent people. Your job along with others is to destroy the building from the inside. You need to fight off security so you can destroy the laboratory so no more robots are made. You will work with Rock and a few others that you will meet. For the next few days, what we need you to do is prepare. Please pack your weapon of choice and your body suit so you can be protected. We will provide you headgear so you can be protected. The mission will start on October 10th." 

"Wow, only two days?" Cameron asked in curiosity. The girl nodded. 

"Mine is similar except that I am part of the main offensive," Rock replied. 

"I am going to be monitoring you guys so we can find the best way to enter the building." 

"Hopefully, we can end this war once and for all." The three smiled at each other and are now filled with determination and hope...

----------

Hey guys. Thanks for all the support this story has. It almost has 250 views and 35 votes! I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but it is a lot for a writer that didn't think that I would make it past chapter 1. When I first published this story, there are times when I wanted to delete this story. When this story is done, I plan to polish this story. So if there are mistakes, I will correct them when I finish the story. Thanks to everyone that supported this story in some way by adding it, voting, and commenting on it. I really appreciate it.