Newest Failure

October 7th, 2150

Today was going to be the final day of this war. They finally located the base in Alaska. Everyone was excited for this wonderful day. The execution of the base and hopefully the Master will finally come today. Announcing it to local news stations, the General was in the room where they were making the missile. 

"This needs to be a victory for the humans. We can't have people's corpses everywhere. We will honor our fallen soldiers who have died in combat." The General noticed his son coming in. 

"We are ready for the mission. Is the missile ready father?" Smiling at his son, he nodded, having two people pick up the missile to the launch pad on the roof. Or at least the top of the building that was rebuilt. 

Everyone was there. All the soldiers and the kids that were there. Amara, Rock, and Katelyn were talking to each other. Cameron smiled seeing his friends talking to each other. 

"Go over there Cameron. We will prepare so we can destroy the base once and for all." Cameron ran off to his friends. He was happy that his kid is starting to get over his depression. Thanks to the new kids that came under serious conditions. 

One of the missile designers were aiming the bomb to the base. This was so exciting for everyone. They were finally going to get justice. 

Amara felt a little disappointed that she couldn't destroy the base herself, but she is satisfied that the base is destroyed and she can live a normal life again. Along with her two and potentially 3 good friends, considering she met Katelyn. 

 "I am so excited!" Amara remarked with excitement. Rock nodded in agreement, knowing his best friend very well. 

"We all know you are excited. You can calm down now," Cameron teased. Of course, Amara pouted but kept her spirits up. When they heard a voice, they all looked at the General.

"Everyone, we are going to launch this missile! Are you ready for the countdown?" Everyone yelled in excitement. 

"Okay! Get ready. Now start the countdown!" 

"10! 

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!" 

The missile has launched! A small monitor was showing the missile's progress. Looking at the television, Amara and Rock were holding hands rightly; wanting this to go well. So was everyone else. Cameron kept his composure but was excited too, holding Katelyn's hand. 

While the two were holding hands, Amara whispered something into Rock's ear. 

"They are going to be a couple one day I think." Rock nodded in agreement, but not completely understanding the concept of love. 

A few minutes later, the missile finally reached the base. It blew up on impact. The boom wasn't heard, but they saw the impact. Everyone was cheering until they saw something horrifying. 

The base was still standing.

BOOM 

Then a real explosion was heard. Soldiers quickly ran into the building, wanting to see what was going on. Amara and Rock quickly ran behind them. 

"Why the Hell didn't the base go BOOM?! WHY?!" Rock did know Amara's anger. He didn't understand the base's structure himself. It must have a coat or something like that. Rock didn't know for sure.