Chapter 1

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I’m currently on my way to some “crappy school” called Wilson High. I’m obviously a new student and on my second year. Though it’s a good thing since if I was a first year student in a new school, then I’d be bullied for the rest of my high school life. I looked up at the sky and it was dark so I got a hunch that it was going to rain. I took out my umbrella just in case. A few minutes later, it rained really hard and I opened my umbrella. Half way until I was going to reach school when the rain became thicker so I took cover under a waiting area for buses just near our school.

 “ugh.. I’m getting wet because of you!”, I shouted out to the pouring rain. I was obviously stupid enough to talk to something that doesn’t talk. I turned to my right and saw a boy sitting by the bench behind me. His uniform was soaking wet and I could tell he was shivering. I took out my small towel and covered him. Honestly, I should be the one who’s shivering and a hot guy should be the one doing what I’m about to do. Talk about reality. Anyway, I placed the towel around him and he looked up at me. He had crystal green eyes that matched his messy wet brown hair. He wasn’t that hot but he’s handsome.

 “Thanks.”, he said. I didn’t know what to say so I just sat beside him.

 “I guess I’ll be skipping first period today.”, he started. I looked at him in surprise since he started a conversation. Honestly, it would be a conversation if I would reply but I did.

 “Count me in. Having the same uniform could mean we go to the same school, huh?”

 “Yeah. I don’t remember seeing you in school. Are you new at Wilson High?”, he asked. You guessed it right man. I’m new.

 “Yes I am. I’m a second year.”

 “Well, I’m a second year too. What’s your first class?”, he asked again. I took my schedule from inside my bag and showed it to him.

“Well, we exactly have the same schedule. We’ll be classmates for this year then.”, he said. I just nodded and looked up the sky. Geez rain, when are you planning to stop? I stood up and opened my umbrella.

 “We can’t just sit here all day, now can’t we?”, I told him as I started to walk away.

 “Wait.”, he shouted. He followed me on our way to school. The rain was still hard and I looked behind, he was shivering and wet by the rain and took cover under a huge tree. I turned around and went to him. I placed my umbrella over him and he looked up to me.

 “All you had to do was ask.”, I smiled at him. He actually smiled back and I felt happy for some weird reason God knows.

 “Let’s go. First period’s going to be over. We wouldn’t want to be late for second period.”, I told him as we walked to school. We arrived at our room. Unfortunately, second period was Math. “Mental Abuse To Humans”, as I would like to describe it.

 “Mr. Wilson! You’re soaking wet. Go to the restroom and fix yourself. And you miss, go fix yourself too and both of you return to my class in twenty minutes.”. Well, our teacher was kind enough to recognize how wet we were. So I went to the girls restroom and changed into a spare uniform. I was actually going to place the spare on my locker but I guess not today. I was now wearing a dry set of uniform and socks and everything. I don’t want to go into details. I went out of the restroom and I saw him standing on the other side. Was he waiting for me? I guess he actually did.

 “Let’s go?”, he asked. He was wearing our uniform. I guess he brought a spare too. He looked much more handsome now. His hair was placed up in spikes so his whole forehead was shown. He didn’t have a big forehead so he’s good. We entered the room and everyone stared at us. What were we? Some kind of reality TV stars? He went to his seat as I handed my schedule to our teacher. It was wet because of the rain.