Chapter 4

Dylan Wilson

--------------------------

I saw Catherine and Stacy hanging out by the school park after class. There was football practice, clubs, meetings, and more; just a typical happening in school. But just then, the sky became dark. Catherine was probably helping Stacy with her homework since they were exchanging notebooks and stuff. I went to the library to get my bag and went out after. I passed by the park again but they weren’t there anymore. I went to my locker. When I opened it, I saw Catherine’s towel. I planned to return it to her but I guess I forgot to get it out of my locker.

“Looks like it’s going to rain huh?”, someone said. I closed my locker and saw Michael.

 “I guess so.”, I replied.

 “Are you friends with Catherine?”. Well that question was out of the blue.

 “Why do you ask Michael?”, I asked. I think he got irritated.

 “Look, I’m gonna do everything to make Catherine hang out with my group. She’s hot and sexy so she clearly belongs to the popular, not with some losers like you and Stacy. So you better back off or else.”, Michael said. Just then, I heard a familiar voice.

 “Or else what?”. Michael and I turned to our sides and we saw Catherine with Stacy. I small smirk formed on my lips.

 “Will you stop hurting my friends? You’re totally pissing me off you jerk. Even by just seeing your stupid face, it’s already pissing me off. You’re the one who should back off or else..”, she said. She came closer and whispered to Michael’s ear.

 “ – I will be your worst nightmare.”, she finally ended. Michael took a step back and walked away.

 "You really saved us back there Catherine. Thanks!”, Stacy said and hugged her.

 “It was no big deal guys. You’re both my friends.”, she said.

“Thanks Catherine.”, I said. They both looked at me and she smiled.

 “You’re welcome Dylan.”, she replied.

 “Dylan! Please come to the party. Come on you two. It’s gonna be a blast!”, Stacy sure was persistent.

 “I’ll pass.”, I said.

“Me too.”, Catherine said.

 “Fine. But both of you owe me one, okay?”, she said.

 “Okay Stacy. But no parties okay?”, Catherine said and Stacy nodded in reply. Later, before we were even out of the school building, it started to rain. Stacy and Catherine took out their umbrellas while I had none. I’ve been wondering. Catherine has different designs of her umbrella every day. Does she have an addiction with umbrellas?

 “I’ll go ahead. Bye!”, Stacy said and ran away. The rain was unusually pouring hard and I had to stay inside since my car was parked at the other side of the school building.

 “Won’t you go home?”, I asked. She looked at me and said,

 “I will. See you tomorrow then.”, she said.

“I’ll go ahead.”, I said and ran away under the rain.

 “Wait! You’ll get wet!”, Catherine shouted. Of course I’ll get wet. Rain is water anyway. I didn’t mind to turn around since I was aiming to get inside my car. Finally, I reached my car and took out my car keys. I was in the middle of unlocking my car door when I suddenly felt the rain not hitting  me anymore. I looked up and saw an umbrella. Catherine. She followed me here and that’s pretty kind of her. I faced her and she said,