Chapter 24

DYLAN WILSON

-------------------------------------

I met with Catherine early Saturday morning at school. She was so eager to pursue the plan I suggested.

"Where's he now?", I asked.

"I think he's warming up for practice by now.", she replied.

"Okay. Let's go with the plan.", I said. We went in the school building together.

"Hey Dylan." Catherine and I heard a seductive-like voice say my name. We turned around to see Stacy leaning against the locker. She completely changed.

"Long time no see.", I greeted. I saw Catherine's sad look on her face.  She must have remembered that day before I disappered. Okay, for Catherine's sake, I'm gonna do something to take that uneasiness off herself.

"What do you want?", I angrily asked. Stacy smirked at Catherine and I. What's her problem? Is she in a movie or something?  Coz she fits the bad guy.

"Oh nothing. I just remembered it like it was yesteday.",she replied.

"I'll get to the point. Why did you kiss me a year ago in front of Catherine?!",I asked. I clenched my fists and I glanced at Catherine who was frowning and looking away. Suddenly, the hallway was filled with people. Well not much though but there were students who were watching us. I looked at Catherine who had wide open eyes and looking at one direction. I glanced at the direction she was staring and I saw him. Michael.

"Oh my. Looks like this place is already crowded. Let's talk later Dylan, honey.", Stacy said as she turned away and walked. Hold up! Honey?! What the hell?

I turned to Catherine and Michael was approaching us. Catherine took a step back and I went in front of her. She hid behind my back.

"Don't start a mess around here.", Michael said. I could tell that he was pissed off at me.

"I'm sorry? Did I hear that right? Oh, hello there Michael. Long time no chats.", I replied. Michael punched me and I fell to the ground.

"Dylan!", Catherine screamed and Michael knelt down and said,

"How did that feel? Cowardly Geek!". I tried to stand up but Michael punched me again. I don't care if I get beaten up! As long as I could protect Catherine and pursue the plan, Michael's punches are nohing! Michael's fist was about to hit me when I stopped it and pushed him away. I need to settle this outside of school. I stood up as fast as I could and ran towards the football field. It was really raining hard and I couldn't care less about the rain. I didn't want to fight inside the building or I would get a thing or two from my dad.

"Stupid nerd! Running away like that!", Michael yelled as he was following me. This wasn't the original plan though but I guess I'll have to do it here. I suddenly turned around and punched Michael in the face. He fell down and touched his face. I saw Catherine three meters away from us holding her pink umbrella open and I guess she was shocked that I could defend myself already.

"I didn't just disappear for nothing!", I yelled at Michael. It was only the three of us at the football field and other students were watching from afar.

"Some nerve you got there.", he replied and I blocked his punch. I tightened my grip, slowly hurting Michael's hand.

"Don't underestimate me you fucking bastard.", Michael said as he punched me in the face but I quickly kicked him in his balls. He fell to the ground and I stood up.

"Now tell me! I know you were part of Stacy's plan!", I yelled but Michael smirked at me. Seriously, this guy is pissing me off.

--------------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

--------------------------------------

Tears were streaming down my face as I saw Dylan and Michael hurt each other. Please stop. I couldn't stop crying. I don't want to see them fight and hurt each other. Why can't we all just get along?! As I watched Dylan fight, I felt really hurt and I blamed myself for it. Dylan's hurt because of me. He's doing this for me. He's hurting himself for me. All because of my selfishness of wanting Michael to be my friend again. I clenched my right hand and continued to watch the sight of punches and bruises. Dylan was starting to bleed. I couldn't take it anymore. I heard Dylan yelling at Michael.

"And what if I was?!", Michael replied. What? Michael was siding with Stacy?

"Then explain yourself to Catherine!", Dylan said and Michael was shocked to find me crying and watching them fight.

"Fine! I was siding with Stacy so I could steal Catherine away from you! We planned everything. I wanted Catherine to go out with me so bad that I went to dirty measures. And that kiss with Stacy in front of Catherine? That was also planned! I didn't tell her this because I didn't want her to leave me!", Michael explained. I approached them until Michael tried to punch Dylan again but this time, I ran as fast as I could towards in front of Dylan and blocked him. I don't want Dylan to be hurt any longer. I was the one who took Michael's really strong punch. Michael and Dylan was really shocked and I whispered "Fuck you Michael.", as I fell to the ground. Damn it hurts! I curled myself and held my tummy. This is nothing compared to Dylan's bruises.

------------------------------------

MICHAEL COLLINS

------------------------------------

"Catherine!", Dylan sreamed in shock and worry. I just stood there in disbelief. I punched a girl and Catherine at that. How could I be so stupid and careless?! Dylan intensely glared at me. He approached me and I didn't budge. He was now right in front of me and he screamed with anguishly wide eyes.

"You bastard!", Dylan screamed and punched me right in the nose. I fell to the ground and Dylan ran towards Catherine. I looked at her and tears were starting to fall out of my eyes. I'm really sorry Catherine.

----------------------------------

DYLAN WILSON

----------------------------------

I ran towards Catherine and I took her umbrella. I sat her up with my right hand to support her back. I hugged her with one arm and I could feel Catherine's warm breath tounch my chest.

"Catherine. I'm so sorry.", I whispered as I dug my face in to her neck.  I felt a hand cup my cheek and I looked at Catherine who was weakly smiling at me. I started to cry. For the first time in my entire life, I'm crying.

"Don't cry.", she whispered. I held her hand which was cupping my cheek and I closed my eyes.

"I failed to protect you again.", I whispered back.  Catherine lightly shook her head and kissed me on my cheek.

"Thanks for saving me back there.", she whispered back. I couldn't help but cry and I hugged her so tight under the pouring rain which covered these painful tears we were letting out. Catherine's the best thing that has ever happened in my life.

-------------------------------------

I can't help but giggle at Dylan's last sentence. He's sweet, isn't he? Now that the fight's over, what will happen next? Find out on the next Chapter!! :))

-SophiaMission