Chapter 34

MICHAEL WILSON

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Catherine is what?", I asked in a loud tone. Mark tried to sush me as Jacob tried to explain everything.

"Dylan sure has an ugly gut to begin with. Screw you Dylan.", I said. I was so freaking mad at him! I mean, who wouldn't? I haven't even laid a finger on Catherine when we were together and now, he's already a dad? Fuck him! 

"Michael, calm down.", Christine said as she held my left arm with a concerned look on her face.

"How can I calm down after what happened? Catherine is freaking ill and he had the nerve to make her pregnant. Catherine's life is in danger here!", I told them.

"The doctor said it is.", Jacob said. Mark and Christine looked at Jacob with shocked faces.

"See? It's really obvious it would be in danger since Catherine is really ill.", I told them and they all went silent. I broke the silence when I turned around and walked away.

"Where are you going Michael?", Christine asked as the three of them followed me. I arrived at my car and I opened the driver's seat.

"I'm gonna give someone a sandwich for snacks.", I told them as I went in my car, turned the engine, and drove away as fast as I could. I can't accept this. This is just too ridiculous! I mean, this is a joke right? It's totally impossible for Catherine to get pregnant since she's really sick. Besides, if she really is, the baby would be in trouble. I arrived at the hospital twenty minutes later and I hurriedly went out of my car. I was about to make my way to the hospital entrance when Mark's car parked beside mine. Christine, Jacob, and Mark came out and blocked my way. I didn't have time for them so I tried to shove them but Mark got hold of my arm.

"You're just going to make things difficult for Catherine.", Mark said. 

"I'm just going to talk with Dylan for a bit.", I told them. I tried to get away from Mark's grip but it only tightened.

"Let go of my arm Mark. I don't want to hurt you.", I told him.

"No. I don't fucking care. You'll only talk bullshits there. So stop it. Stop even trying to win Catherine back.", Mark said. Okay, now I'm even pissed off. I punched Mark really hard and he fell to the ground.

"Mark", Christine screamed as she knelt down and help Mark.

"Michael stop it!", Christine said. I clenched my fists and punched the wall behind me.

"Damn it!", I screamed, "god damn it!", I screamed again. I felt two arms wrap themselves on my waist. I turned my head a bit and I saw Christine.

"Calm down.", she whispered. I began to tremble and I finally fell on to my knees. Christine was still hugging me from behind and I held her arms that were wrapped on my waist.

"Why am I the one who's always hurt in the end? Can't I be happy for once?", I whispered to myself. I felt Christine's hug tightened.

"You can be happy with someone else. There are still people who can make you happy.", she replied. Christine loosened her hug and I turned to face her.

"You think so?", I asked. She smiled and nodded. I composed myself and I stood up and approached Mark who now had a bruise on his left cheek. I lent a hand to him to help him get up.

"Sorry man. I was just out of control.", I apologized. He took my hand and he stood up. Mark walked away and I took that as 'apology accepted'. Mark wasn't really good at situations like this though so I understand that dude.