Chapter 12

Catherine McMillan

----------------------------------

Today is the day! We’ll finally present our projects that we’ve worked hard on for the past weeks. Sleepless nights and a lot of efforts and sacrifices have been really made for this. I was walking along the hallway and saw Dylan.

“Good morning Dylan.”, I called to him as he spotted and approached me.

“G-good morning C-Catherine.”, he replied. Huh? What’s with the crappy voice early in the morning? Suddenly, a hand landed on my head. I turned around and saw Michael.

“Good Morning Catherine!”

“G-good morning.”, I replied. Wait, now I’m having this crappy voice. Honestly, these recent days, whenever Michael was around, I would suddenly get nervous. I don’t know why though. I never felt like this around him. Oh well, he’s full of idiocy. Who’d fall for a guy like him anyway?

“Are you ready for today’s presentation?”, Michael asked and I nodded in response.

“Well, let’s go. Mr. Geogeo will be mad if we were late.”

“Wait, Mr. Geogeo?”, I asked.

“Yeah. He’s our geography teacher and I... forgot his name anyway.”, he replied. I laughed so hard that my stomach started to hurt.

“What?”, he asked in an irritated voice.

“Nothing. You’re really bad at giving nicknames.”, I replied.

“Shut up. Let’s go.”, he replied. I walked behind him. Was he blushing? I could have sworn I saw his face red.

-------------------------------

Dylan Wilson

------------------------------

There they go. They get along well. They would make a good couple. Hold on a second. Couple?! No way. Michael Collins is the worst boyfriend a girl could have! Well, bitches consider him a prince but more like a slutty prince. I was looking at Catherine’s face when she was having that conversation with Michael. She looked happy. I’ve never seen her smile like that before. She looked cute. I’m no match. I’m a loser. Wait, what am I saying?! It’s like I’m saying I actually like Catherine. No. That’s totally not happening. Well, I think I did like her before but I’m not crossing the line!

“So you’re just going to let her go?”. I turned around and saw Stacy.

“What are you saying all of a sudden?”, I asked.

“Nothing.”, she said, “Let’s go or we’ll be late for Geography.”. I followed her. I know that Stacy loves me.

PAST

Dylan went to Stacy’s house last Sunday for their project.

Stacy: Dylan?

Dylan: What is it? You already done with your part of the project?

Stacy: Look at me.

Dylan: (looks at Stacy) What is it?

Stacy: I love you.

Dylan: Wait. What?!

Stacy: (kisses Dylan on the lips.)

Dylan was shocked that he was unable to move. They kissed and after a few seconds, Stacy distanced herself from Dylan.

Stacy: I know you like Catherine.

Dylan: (blush) No I don’t!

Stacy: It’s so obvious Dylan! It’s written all over your face. Honestly, I’ve had a crush on you since junior high. I’ve kept it to myself because I knew it was impossible for my feelings to reach you. But I never gave it up. I took a strand of hope and made my way to the top. In no time, I became popular. Remember me from before? I had braces on, my hair was always braided, and I wore glasses. I was the worst looking person on earth. I even had acne before. I gave all of my efforts into making myself beautiful so that you would notice me. The nerd I once was is now history. Up until now, I still love you.