Chapter 43

MICHAEL COLLINS

-------------------------------------

One, two, three weeks has passed. It was already the eight month of Catherine's pregnancy. There was no sign of Dylan because the news said that he went missing. Authorities searched for him high and low but until now, there was no sign of him. We were all so worried about him. Because three weeks ago, Stacy came here all soaked and she was carrying an umbrella. She asked if Dylan was here but he wasn't. She told us the whole story. We contacted the Wilson family but they said he hasn't come home for two days already. That was the time when we saw the news on tv that a car fell down from a cliff. The Wilson family immidiately went to the scene and took the nameplate. After that, weall discovered that it was Dylan's car. We were all devastated. After that, no news about the incident ever appeared on tv again. The Wilson family updates us though. The problem would be how we would tell Catherine when she wakes up.

"Michael?", Christine said. I looked at her.

"Looks like you were in deep thought dude.", Mark said.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'm just having a headache.", I replied as I pressed my temples.

"I'll go buy some medicine for that.", Christine said as she stood up and walked away. Catherine was under examination so Mark, Christine, Stacy, and I were just sitting out side of the ICU.

"Dude, we're worried about Dylan and Catherine. Alright? So don't push yourself so hard.", Mark said.

"I know. I'm just uneasy dude.", I replied.

"How about you go out and cool your head.", he said.

"Maybe I should.", I replied as I stood up and walked away. I exited the hospital and I sat on one of the benches. I took out a cigarette. I was about to light it when I decided not to use it anymore. I placed it back in my pocket and I lied down on the bench. Slowly, I fell asleep.

-----------------------------------

MRS. MCMILLAN

------------------------------------

I was walking to the ICU when I saw her friends sitting down just outside of the ICU.

"Morning Mrs. McMillan.", the boy named Mark greeted me.

"Good morning Mrs. McMillan.", the girl named Christine greeted me.

"Good morning. How's my daughter doing?", I asked.

"The nurse just came out and she said Catherine is stable." I looked at the sign which stated ICU. I opened the door and let myself in. I looked at my daughter all attached with wires and there were machines beside her. I sat beside my daughter and I started to cry.

"I'm sorry. I failed as a parent and as a mother. I am sorry I wasn't by your side and to the mean words I said to you. Please forgive me Catherine. I promise to be a good mother from now on.", I said and I wiped away my tears. Then I tried my best to plaster a smile on my face.

"Hey, I have good news. You will become a big sister. Isn't that wonderful? You're baby will also have a playmate. Please wake up, Catherine. We want you back here. We need you. I need you. I'm sure that there's someone out there who needs you the most.", I said as I lied my head down on the bed. Unexpectedly, I felt a hand above my head. I felt so nervous and scared. It isn't her, right? I touched the hand and held onto it as I raised my head, I found I smiling Catherine.

"Catherine.", I whispered. I burst into tears as I held her in my arms.

"Catherine, my dearest daughter.", I whispered.

"Mom.", she weakly replied. I pulled away and I cupped her cheeks.

"Welcome back, Catherine.", I whispered back to her.

-------------------------------------

MICHAEL COLLINS

-------------------------------------

I went back in and I saw Mark running with the doctor and nurses towards entering inside the ICU.

"Christine!", I called out. She turned around and I saw her smiling face.

"What happened?!", I asked in worry.

"It's Catherine.", she said.

"Why? What happened to her?!", I asked. She took my hand and we went in the ICU together. To my surprise, Catherine was already sitting up. Her mom was standing beside her.

"Catherine.", I murmured. Tears suddenly come out of my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and I was already crying. I looked at Christine who was looking at me with a smiling yet crying face.

"Please tell me this is true.", I said. Christine tightly held my hand and she looked at me with so much happiness. I fell down to the floor and cried. So much happiness was washing me and I felt the urge to scream but of course, I was in the ICU so I held it all in.

-------------------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-------------------------------------------

I woke up slowly. My eyes squinted from the light that was too bright for me. I saw people standing before me all in tears and smiles. My eyes finally opened whole and my sight was clear. I saw my mom, Michael, Mark, Christine, and Stacy. 

"Welcome back, Catherine. It truly us a miracle that you have awaken in just three weeks. We've spotted a small medical substance in your blood while we were examininh your blood. It looks like it was the medicine Dylan gave you that made you wake up. It's a type if medicine where it first makes you a bit better, then makes you unconcious, that's why you were in a coma, and then finally heals you after being unconcious. It is a medical miracle.", the doctor said. I smiled at him.

"Where's Dylan?", I looked around but he wasn't there. Everyone became silent and I wondered why. I suddenly became nervous.

"Where's Dylan??", I asked. I looked at Michael.

"Michael, where is he?", I asked. He approached me and he held my left hand.

"Dylan has gone missing.", he said. Dylan has gone what? I stared blankly at my hand which Michael was holding.

"Please tell me that isn't true.", I murmured but Michael just went silent. He hugged me and I began to cry. Dylan, where are you? Please don't disappear again. I just silently cried and everyone was also silent as all I can here in this room was my sobs of pain, sadness, loneliness, and longing.

---------------------------------------

1 MONTH LATER

---------------------------------------

"Mom, hurry. I can't hold it in much longer!", I said as Michael, Mark, and a nurse was dragging my bed to the emergency room. I'm not quite sure if I should be in the emergency room though. I arrived inside and my mom and my friends weren't allowed. After enduring all the pain, I heard an angel's voice. It was a sweet voice. I held the angel in my arms and it was covered in blood. Well, aren't you a healthy one? I kissed my baby and my baby held my finger with its small palm. The nurse took the baby to wash it. An hour later, I came out on a wheel chair. Michael and the others stoid up and approached me.

"Are you alright?", Michael asked.

"How are you feeling?", my mom asked. I smiled at them and said,

"It's a baby boy." They were all happy and glad. We all went to my room and I was already in my bed.

"I want to sleep for a bit. Will that,be okay?", I asked them. They nodded and I closed my eyes. Dylan's face appeared in my head. Dylan, where are you? Please don't do this to me again. Thinking of him suddenly brought me to sleep.

---------------------------------------

Well guys, one more chapter to go and Umbrella will finally finish. How do you think about the story so far? I hope you liked it :)

-SophiaMission