Chapter 19

DYLAN WILSON

-------------------------------

I was walking alone on this deserted street under the vast night sky. Feeling the fresh air travel throughout my body and giving me the chills. Actually, we won the game because of me. I did it for Catherine. Now, here I am, feeling uneasy. I hate this feeling. This uneasiness makes me feel sad. I saw Catherine hugging Michael and saying congratulations. Not even a greeting did she give to me. And that made me really sad when in fact, I won the game for her. I decided to win the game for her. I know I shouldn't be acting this way. But, I can't help myself. That's right, I can't help myself but get jealous. Now I realize that right from the start, this uneasiness was called jealousy. I lied down on the grassy field and stared at the night sky. I was all alone. I felt so isolated from everyone. I just don't get it. I had this kind of lifestyle before. Instead of being isolated from others, I chose to be isolated. But right now, I'm not liking this one bit. Every time I see her with him, my heart slowly hurts. I want to laugh with her. I want to walk with her. I want to hold her like what he did. I want to be there for her. Staring above the sky made me realize a lot of things. That includes my jealousy. I don't want to fall in love and yet, I'm falling for her. Who will take this uneasiness that I am feeling away? I want it to be her. Yet, fate wouldn't let us be. Will both of us just be friends? Well,I would've like it that way. I don't want to be in love. I don't want to fall for her. I want to live my life first then after that, that's,the time I'll look for the right girl for me. But how come that my words don't reflect my actions?

"Hey.". I heard someone greet me. I sat up and turned to right.

"Catherine?", I asked. I wondered why she was here.

"What's up?", she asked. I sighed.

"Is there a problem? You can always tell me.", she said. But I lied back down and rested both my arms behind my head.

"The sky sure is nice tonight.", I told her. She looked up and smiled.

"Sure is.", she replied.

"Actually, I think I might have fallen for a certain girl.", I told her. I wasn't exactly sure with what I said but I just told her what I thought.

"Eh?", was all she said. I tilted my head a bit to look at her. She was startled and then she awkwardly laughed.

"Really? Isn't she lucky?", she replied. Geez Catherine. How could you be so dense?!

"Yeah she is. Unfortunately, I think she likes someone else.", I told her.

"Oh.", she replied with a frowned face, "That's too bad."

"Yeah. I didn't know I would experience this though. I vowed to never fall for anyone.", I told her.

"Well, some things are inevitable Dylan whether you like it or not.", she said. It's true though. There are certain things that even I can't avoid, and that is love.

"Yeah. Expect the unexpected.", I replied. Now I wasn't exactly in a good mood. I stood up and wiped away the grass in my clothes.

"I better go. I'm not feeling well.", I said. I wasn't in the mood to talk to her or even look at her. Catherine just looked at me and I walked away.

-------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-------------------------------

One, two, three months has passed by. I haven't seen Dylan anymore. The last time we talked was three months ago. I was worried for him and until now, I still do. I feel like a part of me is missing. I'm already dating Michael for two months now. But for these past two months, I wasn't all that happy. I couldn't take Dylan off my mind.