Chapter 8

Catherine McMillan

-----------------------------------

“Alright! Listen up class. I’m going to assign you on a project about Geography. You’re going to choose a particular continent and make a model out of it. Then prepare a five minute speech about the continent; particularly include its history, culture, and of course its geography. So as to the pairing, row one, seat one and row two, seat two will be partners and so on and so forth. Class dismissed.”

“I guess we’ll be partners.”, I said.

“Yeah. But what continent will we make?”, he asked.

“How about Australia?”, I asked.

“Too simple. How about Europe?”, he asked.

“Too complicated. How about Asia?”, I asked.

“Good one. Let’s stick to that.”, he agreed.  Me and Michael were assigned partners for the project that was to be submitted a month from now. Dylan’s partner was Stacy. I didn’t expect to be partners with a jerk like Michael. Oh well, I can’t do anything about it. If I were to choose, I would’ve chose Dylan and I know Dylan would agree with me. He knew how lazy Stacy was and how much she hated Geography so I guess he’ll do most of the work.

“Good luck with that.”, I told Dylan.

“Thanks. I need all the luck I can get.”, he replied.

“And why?”, Stacy interrupted. Me and Dylan froze and looked at Stacy who was looking at us suspiciously. I laughed and said,

“How about we go to the museum for Art class?”

“Oh yeah! Let’s go or we’ll be late.”, she smiled and walked ahead. Dylan and I  smiled in relief. Thank God Stacy can be an airhead sometimes.

“I hope we can make a good project Catherine.”. I looked around and saw Michael standing behind me.

“Sure. Let’s meet up after class to plan on it.”, I smiled and walked away with Dylan by my side.

---------------------------------

Michael Collins

---------------------------------

“Dude! Who are you staring at? We’re having practice you know.”, Mark asked me.

“Oh. I know who. You see that girl over there. Her name’s Catherine McMillan. She just transferred this year. He’s been eyeing her for how many months now.”, Steven said.

“Shut up guys.”, I told them.

“Planning on something oh mighty Michael?”, Mark asked.

“Maybe. Tonight, I’ll invite her home. I heard she’s a party girl at her previous school. I bet she’s hot inside and good in bed too.”, I said and my lips curved on its own accord.

“Well good luck with that dude. I’m off. Practice is over.”, Mark and Steven walked away. I went to the bleachers and sat beside Catherine.

“Okay so about the project.”, she started to talk.

“Hey Catherine. Let’s go to my house right now and plan on the project. I need a shower and need to feed my dog.”, I said.

“You actually have a dog?”, she asked in a bored tone.

“Why? Can’t the captain of the football club have a pet?”, I asked. She smirked and said,

“Now that’s unusual.”, she stood up and grabbed her bag.