Chapter 4 - Hanging Out

Ayla's P.O.V

It was another long day at work and I am tired. Fridays are always packed at the restaurant. I worked only on weekdays and I was more than happy to have the weekend for resting and drawing. I lay down on my sofa trying to get some rest when I heard my phone buzzed. It was a message from Becca.

Becca: Hii What's up? You ok?
11:01pm

Me: I'm laying down tryna get some rest...really tired but i'm ok. And you?
11:01pm

I got up and go to my room and started taking off my shoes when I heard another buzz

Becca: Okay. I'm good. Just reach home. Since we both don't work on weekends I was thinking that maybe we could hang out tomorrow...what do you say?
11:02pm

I was really looking forward to just sleeping late then buy groceries then do some drawing then sleep some more which is my usual plan but I feel like I should hang out with Becca so change of plans.

Me: Sounds good to me. I'm in.
11:04pm

Becca: Awesome! We can go to the movies and to the park.
11:05pm

Me: Okay great idea.
11:06pm

Becca: Yeah. Well i'll see you tomorrow then
11:07pm

Me: Yes see you then. Good night Becca
11:08pm

Becca: Good night Ayla.
11:10pm

After that I showered and went to sleep.

The next morning I wake up and got ready for the day. I wore my purple and black dress that I have and my black strapped slipper. I wear this when I go shopping.

Yesterday I got a lot of tips and Mrs Sullivan added a few more bills to my paycheck. She said it's for my hard work so now I have enough money to buy groceries and some new clothes.

I took a cab to the supermarket first and got my food supplies which is a little bit more than usual. Then I went into the cheapest clothes store to get some new clothes.

Thank God they were on sale today so I could get discounts. I got another dress which was a black and red knee length, a black skinny jeans, a purple tank top, a blue shorts, a yellow blouse, a black flats and a grey shoes. I got them all on discounts.

After shopping I went back to my apartment and packed out everything. Then I made myself something to eat and watched tv. I was good at cooking. My mother taught me everything and I would always be in the kitchen helping her. I miss those days.

After watching tv I got my sketchpad and head to my favourite place in the whole world to draw. It was my hiding place where I go to let out all my emotions and let them take me over then I'd put it all in my drawing.

It was my secret spot only 3 blocks from my apartment. This is where I get all my inspiration to draw. This place could make me feel better from my dull life in an instant. Just surrounded by trees, flowers, birds and peace. I escape the harsh conditions of the world by being here.

I found this place one day when I was feeling really sad and just wanted comfort so I started walking around and then I ended up here and I instantly felt a connection with the place and so I made it my secret spot.

I started remembering my mother's face so I drew a picture of her. Then I drew my brother. I have no idea where he is. I can't believe he hasn't contacted me. But why would he when he hates my gut. I was too much of a nerd to him. I was cut from my thoughts when I heard my phone buzzed. Message from Becca.