Chapter 11 - One In A Gazillion

Kate's P.O.V

It's Saturday morning and i'm sitting at my dining table eating breakfast. Alone. Sad right? No one to share it with. Yesterday was a very interesting day. Sadly I didn't find the daughter that I wanted to adopt at the orphanage. I'm just gonna have to continue searching.

My mind was drawn back to the girl that I met at the park in the evening, Ayla Holmes. I must say, she's a very interesting young girl. When I walked over to her I notice that she was deep in thoughts because she didn't recognize me standing beside her. So I took the time to notice her. She was wearing a purple and black dress and a black strapped slipper. Her black hair was tied in a ponytail. She has the prettiest skin tone I have ever seen.

Then I cleared my throat and she looked at me surprised. She look like a really young girl maybe fifteen or sixteen and I wonder what she was doing their alone. I could see sadness and pain in her eyes and it made me want to hug her but I couldn't.

While talking to her I realize that she's trying to be polite and contented but I could see how unhappy she was. She looked lost. And when she talked about her mother she started crying which I understand completely because her mother's dead but I sense it's much more than that.

Since her mother's dead I wonder who she lives with because she didn't mention a father. I can tell she's a very secretive girl. I don't know but for some reason I feel the need to get to know her better. She's a very interesting girl and I want to know more about her.

I can't help but feel connected to her. I don't know how but I have to see her again. I want to get to know her better. She took off yesterday so quickly I didn't get a chance to talk to her more. She is the first person I met who doesn't know who I am. And for the first time in my life, it felt good to tell someone my name without them cutting me off to say they already know who I am.

I got up from the table then went to my study. I opened my laptop, went on every social media sites and apps looking for Ayla Holmes. Sadly, she's not on any of them. How could she not be on social media and every teenager nowadays are on it.

Then I remembered her clothes. She's a poor girl so she probably can't afford it. I don't care about that though I just really want to see her again.

¤

Ayla's P.O.V

I am now cleaning my apartment. It's Saturday so I don't work on Saturday's. I had a very interesting evening yesterday meeting that lady Kate Hayles. I can't help but smile when I think about her. Her words alone made me happy and is giving me strength to move on from mom's death. She has no idea how much she has touched my life.

I have finished cleaning when I heard my phone ringing so I ran to pick it up showing a call from Becca.

"Hey Becca. What's up?" I said wiping sweat from my forehead.

"Hey i'm just watching tv. I was wondering if you want to hang out today", She said anxiously.

"Yea sure", I said.

"Great. Come to my place say....in an hour", she said.

"Okay. I'll see you then", I said.

"Cool. Bye", she said.

I hang up and went to take a shower. I got ready then head over to Becca's place. When I got there she greeted me smiling and with a hug as usual then we sat down in the living room.

"Okay you look really happy today so tell me what's up. Did you get a boyfriend and didn't tell me?" She asked curiously and excited at the same time.

I looked at her like she has grown two heads. Me and boyfriend? Not a chance.

"What? No it's nothing like that", I said.

I was smiling because of Mrs Hayles and how she has helped me.

"Then what? Come on, tell me", She said pouting. Aww, so cute.

"I lied to you yesterday", I said calmly.

Then she got mad. "About what exactly?"

"I wasn't sleeping when you texted me I was at the park and I forgot to text you back", I said.

"You what? How could you go to the park alone after what happened a couple days ago? Are you crazy? What if it happened again?" She shouted angrily.

"Calm down, i'm sorry. But it didn't happen, i'm fine. And it's the park. The park has alot of people", I said.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again you know so please be careful. But that still doesn't explain how you forgot to text me back", She said calmly.

"Oh right. I met this lady there and we were talking so I forgot. But I was at my apartment when I texted you back", I said.

"Okay. So who was this lady that you met?" She asked.

"Uh.. she said her name is Kate Hayles", I said shrugging.

"Kate Hayles?!" I heard Becca screamed.

I turn to see her looking shocked and lost for words.

"Yes. Do you know her? And why do you look so surprised?" I asked.

"OMG I can't believe Kate Hayles talked to you. Don't you know who she is?" She asked looking surprised and excited.

"No. Why? Am i suppose to know her?" I asked.

"Everyone knows who Kate Hayles is. She is the CEO of Hayles Communications. Her company has branches all over the world. And she's a billionaire", She said.

"Wow. Now that you mention it I have heard of her company just never knew her", I said.

"Oh well you met her in person. Something I dream of. So what did you guys talk about?" She asked dreamily.

"Not much. Just random stuff", I shrugged.

"Okay. I can't believe she talked to you. How cool is that!" She said smiling.

I smiled back at her. I can't believe Mrs Hayles is so rich. I knew from her clothes that she was rich but I never thought that rich. All the rich people I knew back home was snobby and egotistic. But Mrs Hayles was so nice to me. I guess not all rich people are like that. I don't know but I just feel like seeing her again. But I know now that the chances of that are like one in a gazillion.

¤

Question: Could you live without internet like Ayla?

xoxo