Chapter 17 - Moving In

Ayla's P.O.V

I woke up the next day feeling contented. Today is the day I move in with Ms Hayles. I am now on my way to work to quit my job. Ms Hayles said I won't be needing it anymore. I reached work, took a deep breath then walked in. I saw my fellow co-workers taking orders and cleaning tables. Then I saw Becca placing an order so I went up to her.

"Hey Becca. I'ma miss working here with you", I said.

She turned and saw me then smiled.

"Ayla! I'ma miss you too babe. But we will still hang out and be best friends right? I can't lose you" she cried.

"Of course. We will be best friends forever", I said hugging her.

She hugged back. "I love you Ayla".

"I love you too Becca", I said. I really meant it.

"Okay. You better go and quit now. Mrs Sullivan been asking about you", Becca said.

"Oh yea i'ma do that now. Be right back", I said then left.

I went to Mrs Sullivan's office and  knocked then heard her shouted come in so I entered. When she saw me she became furious.

"You better have a good reason to come to work this late without informing me. And why are you not in your uniform?" She asked looking me over.

"Look Mrs Sullivan, I lied to you about my age. I'm not 18, i'm 16. I'm sorry I lied to you but I needed a job, so I had to do it. And I didn't come here to work today. I came here to quit. I'll be moving out of my neighborhood to the other side of town so I can't work here anymore and you probably won't want me here anymore anyway", I blabbed.

"I see. There's no use to get angry with you because you quit so I understand. All the best", She said casually.

"Thank you Mrs Sullivan", I said.

Then she nod and I left her office and went to find Becca. She was at a table cleaning then she saw me and smile.

"So how did it go?" She asked curiously.

"Better than I expected", I said.

"Really? That's great", she said.

"Yea. Well i'll be going to my apartment to pack", I said.

"I want to meet Ms Hayles so i'm gonna ask Mrs Sullivan for some time soon. I've being working overtime so she'll give me", she said.

"Okay then. I'll see you later", I said while hugging her then left.

When I got to my apartment I draw for a while then I packed. I didn't have much to pack so it was only two bags. After that I showered and got dressed. Then Becca came and we watched movies until Ms Hayles came.

¤

Kate's P.O.V

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life because Ayla accepted my request to be her adopted mother. I am so excited. I can't wait to start a life with her. When I got home I called Emma and told her the good news and she was happy for me.

Now i'm on my way to her apartment to take her home. Now I will finally have someone to share such a big house with. Words can't begin to describe how i'm feeling right now.

We finally reach her apartment building and my bodyguard/driver and I are on our way up to her apartment. We reach her apartment and I knocked to be greeted by a smiling Ayla. She looks so adorable.

"Hi Ms Hayles. Come in please", she said gesturing for me to enter. So I did with my bodyguard close behind.

Her apartment was so small. Every room in my house can triple it.