Chapter 10 - Where There's A Will There's A Way

Kate's P.O.V

It's Friday and i'm at work signing the files for a new client that the advertising department made. I didn't have alot of work today because I got my assistant to clear most of my schedule so I could go to the Orphanage today to look at prospective girls to adopt.

I was excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I will be meeting the girls today and getting to know them and nervous because I can't help but think, what if they don't like me? Well i'll just have to wait and see.

I look at the time and it says 11:00am. Time for me to go. I pack up the files, grab my purse and jacket then walk out of my office. I gave my assistant the files and told her to give them to Sam the Advertising Director. Then head out of office.

I already told my driver to pick me up so when I got out of my building he was at the front waiting. I walked towards the car then he open the door and I went in. I told him where i'm going then we were off. I can't help but think that this is going to be very interesting.

When we reached the building I got out then walked inside to be greeted by a middle-aged woman. She was short and plump with the brightest smile on her face. She was wearing an orange and black dress.

"Ms Hayles. How lovely to finally meet you in person. Hi i'm Audrey Spinster the Matron of this Orphanage". She said in a cheery voice extending her hand for me to shake.

I took her hand noticing that she's married "nice to meet you Mrs Spinster. Where are the kids? I don't see them around".

"They are in the study room at this time. Come on, let me take you to them", she said walking off.

So I followed her down the hallway to a room which had alot of talking coming from it. We entered and there were around 30 girls and boys in the room talking, laughing and reading books.

"Hello kids may I have your attention please". Mrs Spinster said in a commanding voice. All the kids stop what they were doing and looked at her.

"This is Kate Hayles and she is here to adopt one of you. So say hi to Ms Hayles". She said.

"Hi Ms Hayles!" They all said in unison with happy smiles on their faces.

"Hi kids. It's nice you meet you guys. As Mrs Spinster said I am here to adopt one of you but more specifically a girl. Sorry boys but I want a daughter. I hope you understand". I said.

"We understand Ms Hayles", the boys said calmly.

"Okay girls", Mrs Spinster said. "Ms Hayles will be talking to you one by one so she can get to know you better and you can get to know her as well. Please go to the living room and i'll be their shortly".

So the girls got up and went to the living room. Then Mrs Spinster turn to me.

"Well let's get you and the girls better acquainted. Follow me". She said then walked off. I nodded and follow her.

She took me to a room that look like an office but more comfy. Then she gestured for me to sit on one of the sofa so I did.

"I'm going to get the girls one by one so you can talk to them", she said.

"Okay". I said. Then she smiled and left.

Shortly after a little girl walked in. She looked to be around eight years. She had long curly blonde hair and the prettiest little blue eyes ever. She came and sat on the sofa beside me.

"Hi what's your name?". I asked her in a sweet friendly voice.

"My name is Brianna Saunders", she said shyly.