Chapter 27 - Reunited

Ayla's P.O.V

It's Saturday and mom and I decide to stay home today and hang out together. We are both now in the lounge and i'm drawing her.

"Are you done? I feel like I've being in this spot for hours", she whined and I laughed.

"Come on mom, ten more minutes. I promise", I said giggling.

"Fine. Hurry up!" She wailed.

Then Judy the head of staff came in.

"Excuse me Ms Hayles. There's a young man at the gate by the name of Tyrell claiming to be Ayla's brother. Should I let him in?" She asked.

Tyrell? What the hell is he doing here? He has some nerve showing up eights month after he ran away leaving me all by myself.

"No".

"Yes".

Mom and I said at the same time. I looked at her like she had grown two heads.

"Why do you want to let him in? I have nothing to say to him! I can't believe he had the nerve to show his face after eight months! I don't want to talk to him!" I said then ran out.

"Ayla wait!", I heard mom shouted but I ran to my room and shut the door.

Eight months. He left for eight months and didn't call me. He didn't even say goodbye. He didn't think about me before he left he just disappeared. I should hate him right now but I don't. I'm just angry.

Just then I heard a knock on my door.

"I don't want to talk mom", I shouted.

"But you have to talk to him. Baby please open the door", she pleaded.

I really didn't want to talk to him or see him but I have no choice. So I open the door and mom was there smiling at me. Then she took my hand a led me downstairs into the living room. And there he was. My one and only brother. He looked really great. He didn't look like he was smoking or drinking alot. When he saw me he smiled but I was just staring at him.

"Hey sis. You look really great", he commented.

"No thanks to you", I said matter-of-factly. And his face fell but I didn't care.

"I'll leave you two to talk", mom said walking away but I stopped her.

"No mom, I want you to stay", I said to her so she sat down.

"Okay", she said.

"What are you doing here Tyrell? What do you want?" I asked looking at him.

"I came to see you. I want to explain why I left", he said calmly.

"What's there to explain? You left because you hate me and you couldn't stand being around me after mom died! There's no need to explain, I already know so just leave!" I shouted.

"No Ayla you got it all wrong. I don't hate you. How can I hate my little sister?" He said sadly.

"Oh yea, then why did you let the popular kids pick on me like that when we were in high school? And why did you avoid me when we were at home? And you always start a fight with me. Do you know how that hurts?" I yelled. I wanted to cry but I hold it back.

"Because I was young and stupid Ayla. I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you. I was drunk and high most of the time that I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I'm really sorry Ayla", he explained.

"Then why did you leave after mom died?" I asked curiously.

"Because I was scared", he said sadly.

"Scared of what?" I pestered.