Chapter 9 - Great Friend

Ayla's P.O.V

After getting abused by those men I hardly spoke to Becca at work and I hardly reply to her text messages. I didn't want her finding out about what happened because she will want me to go to the police and that means I would have to tell the truth about my age and I can't do that because I don't want to lose my job. I can't lose this job at all so I didn't go to the police or to the hospital.

It's being three days now and the pain is not as bad as first but it still hurts alot. Becca has realized that i'm kind of avoiding her but she didn't say anything. I'm guessing she's just giving me space.

But seems like she's had enough of my weird behavior because she's walking towards me looking very angry. I've never seen her angry before. She's always happy and smiling.

"I've had just about enough of you trying to avoid me Ayla. You think I don't notice? I thought you needed space so that's why I didn't say anything but i'm trying to figure out what I did for you to want space from me? If I did something wrong please tell me instead of avoiding me. What did I do? I don't understand. Please help me...", she said in a frustrated tone but I cut her off.

"You didn't do anything wrong Becca. It's me. I'm sorry for avoiding you but I don't want to talk about why I did it please", I said cutting her off.

I started to walk away but she held onto my dress and unfortunately it was the side where I got the kick so I winced in pain.

"Where...wait. Why did you wince when I held your side? What's wrong Ayla? Are you hurt?". She asked worriedly.

I pull from her hold and ran to the bathroom with tears running down my face. I went to one of the sink and splash water on my face while I cried.

I pull up my dress to check my bruise. And there it was a big black bruise that hurts like hell especially when touched. That man kicked me real hard I can tell. Just then I heard someone coming in the bathroom. I looked up to see Becca. I pulled down my dress but it was too late. She already saw the bruise and immediately went into overdrive.

"OMG Ayla! How did that happen? How did you get such a big bruise?" She shouted worriedly.

"It's nothing Becca. Just forget it", I said calmly.

"Forget it?! Are you crazy?! You have a big bruise on your side and your telling me to forget it? Let me see it", she said angrily.

"No Becca i'm fine", I said.

But she grab me and look at my bruise anyway.

"Does that look fine to you?" Then she touch it and I winced again.

"What happened Ayla? Please tell me I just want to know". She asked sadly.

I might as well tell her what happened because she won't drop it until I do.

"I was taking a walk in my neighborhood when these three men attacked me and tried to rape me. I was trying to fight them back so one of them kick me in my side. Another man came and started fighting them off to leave me alone then I ran home", I said crying and tears were flowing down Becca's cheeks.

"Omg...i'm so sorry sweetie. People are so cruel. How could they do this to you?" She said hugging me and I hugged her back.

"Did you report it and get the bruise checked out?" She asked releasing me. I shake my head.

"But you have to check it out. What if you have a broken rib?" She asked frantically.

"I'll be fine. I don't want to go to the hospital or the police". I said washing my face.

"But you have...".

"No buts Becca. As I said i'll be fine. Thanks for worrying though. You're a really great friend", I said softly.

"Well okay then. That's what friends are for. And stay here. I'ma go get Mrs Sullivan first aid kit to dress it okay? I'll be right back", She smiled then ran out the door. I can't help but think that Becca is an amazing girl.

When I got to my apartment that night. I lay in my bed and cried myself to sleep thinking about the unhappy and dull life that I live.

Question: If you were Becca would you force Ayla to go to the hospital or not?

xoxo