Prologue

*Prologue 7 years ago*

*10 yr old Allie*

*3:30 P.M*

"Okay everyone get in line. Your parents should be here to pick you up soon," Ms. Lee said. We stood in a line. We saw the first car pull up. It was Luca's car. I smiled. He parked the car and got out. He walked up to Ms. Lee and signed the paper.
"LUCA!!," I cheered. I ran and hugged his leg.

"Mi siete mancate tanto!," I said. (I missed you so much!)

"Ho perso è troppo poco!," he smiled. (I missed you too little one) He picked me up and carried me to the car. He put me down in my seat and I put my seatbelt on. He closed the door. He walked to the driver's side and got in. He sat down and put his seatbelt on. He pulled out of the school parking lot and he drove home.

"How was home without Daimon and I," he asked.

"Scary," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Mamma e papà sono sempre in lotta. Talvolta essi lotta e gettare roba. Poi hanno entrambi lasciare e sto a casa da solo. Ho soggiornato in camere e fare i miei compiti e ascoltare musica. Quando il ritorno si lotta ancora più," I said. (Mom and Dad are always fighting. Sometimes they fight and throw stuff. Then they both leave and I'm alone at home. I stay in your room and do my homework and listen to music. When the come back, they fight even more.)

He kept quiet. I looked at him. His hands were turning white and his face was red.

"Si prega di non essere pazzo. Non mi piace quando si ottenere pazzo," I said. (Please don't be mad. I don't like it when you get mad.)

"I'm not mad. I'm just surprised," He said. He parked and turned the car. I took my seat belt off. He opened my door and grabbed my backpack. Then picked me up and carried me inside to his room. I heard screaming, arguing, and crashing. He closed the door behind him. I sat on his bed and opened my backpack to start doing my homework. He got his phone out and called someone. I finished my work and put it back in my backpack. I walked to his desk and took my coloring book and crayons out. I sat down on the ground and started to color.

*20 Minutes Later*

I looked up from my coloring. I still her screaming, arguing and stuff crashing. The door opened. I saw Daimon.
"Mikey!!," I smiled. I got up and hugged him. He hugged me back and kissed my forehead.
"I'M DONE WITH YOU!," Mamma screamed.

"I'VE BEEN DONE WITH YOU," Papa shouted. They walked out the door and drove off in their own cars.

"I'm sorry we weren't here for you, angel," Mikey said.
"It's fine, Mikey. You guys were at college. So it's not your fault," I smiled. They hugged me.

"Let's go downstairs. I'll make you some spaghetti," Luca said. I smiled. We walked downstairs to the living room. Mikey and I sat down and watched T.V. Luca made dinner. 

*3 Hours later*

The phone was ringing. Luca picked it up. Then he put it down.

"Mom was in a car accident. She's in the hospital," Luca said. We rushed to the car. We got in and Luca pulled out. He rushed to the hospital.

*10 minutes later*

We ran into the hospital. We ran up to the lady behind the desk.

"We're looking for Aria Tonelli," Luca said.

"She's in surgery. Down the hall to the left," She said. We rushed down there. I saw the doctor come out. I sat down on the bench. Mikey and Luca talked to him. They walked up to me. They looked sad.