Chapter 2

-Maya-
As the last bell rings and I head to my locker, everyone is greeting me. Seriously. They treat me like a celebrity. It gets really annoying. After I get everything from my locker, Riley comes to me and links arms with me as we walk to my car. (She comes to school with her dad and I take her home, since her dad usually has extra work left.)

As we get in the car, Riley asks,"Can we go shopping for Friday?" "It's a party, not prom." "Ya, I know. But there will be boys there. I want to make a good impression." "Fine. But you do know that you don't need to look nice to make a good impression, right?" She rolls her eyes and we laugh. "Let's just skip the cheesy stuff and head to the mall." I smiled at her as I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to the mall.

-Lucas-
When the last bell rung, I went looking for Maya. I had to try getting closer to her if I was going to tell her how I really feel. She's one of my best friends and I don't want to make things awkward. I go outside and see Maya and Riley heading to her car. I ran towards them and stopped when I could hear their conversation. Riley asks,"Can we go shopping for Friday?" "It's a party, not prom." I quietly laugh at her response.

"Ya, I know. But there will be boys there. I want to make a good impression." "Fine. But you do know that you don't need to look nice to make a good impression, right?" She rolls her eyes and they laugh. "Let's just skip the cheesy stuff and head to the mall." They smiled at each other and headed to the mall.

I think I'll go to this party in Friday. I just have to get more info. I go back into the school looking for Farkle. I find him by his locker with Smackle. I'm pretty sure that Smackle likes Farkle.

As I approach, Smackle leaves, looking sad. "Hey Farkle. What was that about?" I say, gesturing towards Smackle. "Smackle told me that she liked me, but I told her that I didn't feel the same way." "It's ok. I'm sure that she'll find someone else. Anyway, did hear about a party on Friday?" "Ya. It's at Zay's house at 8." "Since Maya's going, I'm going to tell her then." "Great. I kinda want to go with Riley..."

My eyes widen as he says that. "You like Riley?!" "Shhhh!!! I'm pretty sure that New Jersey heard you!" "Sorry. But if I have to make a move with Maya, you have to do it with Riley too." "Fine!" Yes! "Great! Come on. Let's go find something that will impress them." "Ok." We head outside and into my car, on our way to the mall.