Chapter 20

-Riley-
I can't believe my best friend said that to me and trashed my room. Then, she acts all innocent.

Farkle is with me sitting on the Bay Window, comforting me while I sob and cry.

"This is so unlike Maya. And that sudden change in her appearance."

Lucas stopped talking and pacing and his face looked like he just realized something.

"Guys. What if something actually happened when she was with her dad? Before she went through the portal, he said we'd see her sooner than we thought and that's what happened. What if he did something to her that's making her act this way? We gotta go to her parents. Maybe they'll know what to do."

Farkle and I nodded in agreement and we all left for Maya's house.
---------------------------------------------
At the Hart/Hunter household:

-Lucas-
We reach the house and knock on the door. Katy opens the it and greets us with a warm smile.

"She's in her room crying. I'm not sure if she wants visitors." "We're not here to see Maya." She looks at me confused. "We're here to see u and Uncle Shawn." Riley finishes.

"Oh. Well then come on in. Shawn got the rest of the day off." We enter and sat down with Maya's parents.

"So what's going on kids?" "Uncle Shawn. We think there's something wrong with Maya." "What do u mean?" Katy asks with a confused face.

"When we went to Riley's, her appearance suddenly got darker and she acted really rude. She trashed Riley's room and said something that she wouldn't normally say, especially to her best friend. Then, she stopped and her looks went back to normal. She seemed to be genuinely confused as to y the room was trashed and y Riley was crying. After that, Riley got kinda mad and told her to leave." Farkle summarizes.

-Shawn-
After hearing this, I immediately thought of Kermit. He could've done something to her. I look at my wife and say,"That doesn't sound like Maya. Is it possible that Kermit could've done something to her?" Katy's eyes widen and nods her head, agreeing.

Suddenly, we hear a loud scream and some yelling and the sound of things breaking.

We rush upstairs to find Maya against the wall of her now trashed room on the floor, with her hands covering her face, sobbing.