Chapter 19

-Lucas-
Maya came back and it looked like she was confused.

"Maya. R u ok?" She looked at me with those big blue ocean eyes and smiled. "I'm always okay."

As I continued looking into her eyes, I swear I saw them change color for a split second.

"U don't have to worry guys. I was able to take care of Kermit just like I did 7 years ago." She with a reassuring smile.

Her parents nodded and asked her a few more questions. Then, the four of us went to the Bay Window.

Maya and Riley sat on their spots on the Bay Window while Farkle and I sat on the carpet.

We were just having the usual talk about life when Maya started rubbing her head.

"Peaches? Do u have a headache?" "Ya..." she trails off.

Then, she stopped rubbing her head and her hair became a lot lighter with much darker roots. Her makeup and lips turned black. When she opened her eyes, they turned darker. A nose ring appeared too. (Image at the top)

"Maya? Is that u?" Farkle asks with a face of shock, like Riley and I.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Ya Freakle. It's me."

She stood up and started breaking things using her magic.

"Peaches! Stop!" "Y should I listen to u? U're just a little bitch who thinks that the world revolves around u when it really doesn't." Maya sasses. Farkle and I gasp.

Maya stops what she's doing and shakes her head. She looks like she did before she started breaking things. She looks around the room and then at Riley, who has tears streaming down her face.

"Riles! What happened?" Riley looked at Maya with a face of disbelief and hurt. "And what happened to ur room?" Maya asks, looking around.

"Y-you just-" "U just called her a self absorbed bitch" Farkle explained.

She gasps. "I would never say that to Riley! She's my best friend."

"But u DID say it! And U trashed my room!" Riley screamed with tears streaming down her face.

Maya looked shocked and hurt.

"JUST GET OUT!!!" Maya had tears forming in her eyes and left.