Chapter 3

-Maya-
After what seemed like 5 hours at the mall, Riley FINALLY chose something. She got a long, yellow dress. I got a red one. After we paid, we headed over to her house.

When we got in the car, she asked me,"Why don't we ever go to your house?" I can't tell her. I really want to, but I can't. "Because your family's more fun." "Maya. I want to come to your house to hang out with you! I'm not going to be paying much attention to anything but you because I just wanna spend time with you! At my house, it's the same old story, but since we've never gone to your house, there could be all sorts of adventures we could have. Can we PLEASE go to your house today?" No. she can't find out. I love her, but she can't know.

"Fine. But I have to ask my parents first." "Why?" "Because they ALWAYS want to know what's going on." "Ok" I take out my phone and call my mom.

Phone Conversation- M=Maya K=Katy (Maya's mom)
M: Hi mom! Can Riley come over?
K: Maya! You know that she can't.
M: I know. But she keeps bugging be about it.
K: I'm sorry, but she can't come. She'll find out our secret.
M: Ok. Bye.
K: Bye!
End of conversation

"So? What did she say?" I look at Riley and see that she has hope in her eyes. "I'm sorry, but you can't come." Riley looks at me with disappointed eyes. I hate seeing her sad. "Maybe next time." She looks up at me with hope. "Yay! Now let's get going." Thank god she didn't ask more.

-Riley-
Maya is hiding something. Something big. And I'm gonna find out. Somehow.