Chapter 18

-Maya-
I felt strange. Different. It's like something about me changed.

After mom's big story/explanation, I excused myself to the bathroom. I went in and locked the door.

Suddenly, I got a big headache. I lost my balance and fell. Luckily, I didn't make much noise. But then, just like before, my vision got blurry and darker before I blacked out.

-Nobody's POV-
The black substance Kermit put in his daughter allowed him to see what she sees and he could use her powers for his own benefit.

But since he didn't inject it in her heart, he could only control her sometimes. Every time he does, her appearance becomes more and more dark and the real Maya looses control of herself little by little, allowing her father to use her gifts for evil. But when she goes back to normal, she looks like herself again. Also, after the first time, the transition between Maya and Kermit is much more unnoticeable and less painful.

Maya gets up with an evil smirk on her face. A strand of her hair had turned black and her eyes darkened from her usual ocean blue ones. She quickly shook her head and her hair and eyes turned back to normal. When she's herself again, she doesn't always remember what she does when she looses control. She left the bathroom and walked back to her friends.