Chapter 4

-Lucas-
After finding something to wear, we head home and part ways. When I get home, I put away my things and start doing my homework in the living room.

My parents went on a cruise for their anniversary, so I was alone. As I was trying to figure out a math problem, I look up and see Maya walking down the sidewalk. I'm not sure why, but I go outside and follow her.

After a few minutes of following her, I saw that she was heading to the forest. I try my best to be quiet, but I accidentally step on a twig and break it. She turns around and sees me. Oh no.

She walks to me and asks,"What are you doing out here Ranger Rick?" "I could ask you that same thing Pancakes." "I was taking a nature walk. What's your excuse?" "I was just walking out here and saw you and wanted to see what you were up to." "You mean by creepily stalking me?" "No! Really! I was just out for a walk! Honest." "Fine. Well, now that u know what I was doing, u can go now." "Wait. What?" "Look. No offense, but I prefer to be alone when I take my nature walks." "Oh. It's ok. I'll come back another time."

And with that, she walked into the forest. I feel as though something's up because she's never really like this.

She's usually more understanding and not so easily angered. Maybe there is something up. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. I really don't know anymore.

-Maya-
I hate to be rude, but if Lucas followed me, he would've found out because this is where I practice. You might be wondering what I practice, but you'll know everything in time. Just like everyone else. I can't have them find out, but I just have a feeling that it'll happen, weather or not I want them to know.