Chapter 8

-Maya-
As I wait here in Topanga's with my smoothie, I start to think how much better my life would be without these powers. Don't get me wrong, I love them. I can do amazing things, but I can't live a normal life. Any other girl wouldn't have to spend time studying magic and other dimensions.

They'd be able to have sleepovers and go out with their friends. Instead, I'm stuck with magic and I have to lie to my best- no. I have to lie to my sister about my hidden talents.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Riley calling my name. I look up seeing Riley, Farkle, Lucas, and Zay sitting down looking at me.

"Whatcha thinking Peaches?" "Just how grateful I am to have u guys as friends." Simultaneously, they all said, "Aww" Then Zay looks at me strangely and says,"That's very sweet of u to say. R u feeling ok?" "Ya Maya. Y haven't u called me 'Huckleberry' or 'Ranger Rick' yet?"

"I'm just kinda lost in thought. Is it weird that I feel as though something bad is going to happen?" Riley looked at me and said,"Not really. Once, I woke up in the morning and I felt that something was different. And I was right." I scrunch my eyebrows together and ask,"Wasn't that the day u lost Beary the Bear Bear?" She nods slowly with a slight frown. "The point is, it is normal sometimes to have a bad feeling. It happens every time I leave for school and I think I haven't done my homework." "Which is never."

Farkle chuckles lightly and looks over I Riley with some concern. I see that they feel something for each other. I "accidentally" spill my smoothie. "Hey Riles? Can u and Farkle get me some towels so I can clean this up?" "Sure" she replies, walking to the back with Farkle.

Zay says that he has to do homework and leaves.

Lucas keeps looking at me like he did at the campfire and I start to get a bit worried. "Uhh, Lucas? Whatcha lookin at?" "You" We just stared into each other's eyes until I start to smell something making me sleepy. As I get more drowsy, I barely get out,"G-get me o-out of here asap!"
---------------------------------------------
I finally updated! 😄 What do u think happened to Maya? How do u think Lucas and the others are going to react?