Ch. 25 - Munchkin Poop

"Jonas, how could you be dating my nemesis?"

"Would you lower your voice? She's right in the other room!" Jonas whisper-screams.

Addison rolls my eyes. "I don't care if she hears me! I'm proud to say she's my enemy!"

"She's the love of my life!"

"You're more in love with a box of Cheerios than Brianna Holden!"

"You're the one in love with the male version of Ivy!"

"Okay, let's all just calm down," I say as the voice of reason, pulling on Jonas' shirt to sit him on the toilet seat.

Addison sighs in annoyance. "Ivy, this is so dumb. You can't honestly expect me to let this girl in my house and date my loser brother. She's clearly using him."

"You know nothing!" Jonas screams.

I hold up my hand to stop him from jumping up again. "What happened between you two?"

"Well," Addison starts, "this one time I was having a sleepover and Brianna snuck upstairs and slept in Elliott's bed. I stopped being friends with her after that and she has made my life a living hell ever since."

I widen my eyes and turn to Jonas. "That's who you're dating? The creepy Elliott stalker?"

"She's over Elliott and her petty fight with Addison. Our love is genuine," Jonas assures.

"Don't be so stupid, Jonas," Addison mutters. "Brianna is the Wicked Witch of Oregon. She has something planned."

"I'm leaving to be with my girlfriend now," Jonas declares and opens the bathroom door. "Have a nice day, ladies."

I sigh and lean against the counter. "Maybe Brianna has changed, Addison."

Addison shakes her head and walks out of the bathroom. In the kitchen, Jonas, Brianna, and Elliott sit at the table just as they had been before Addison barged in and ripped Jonas out of his seat and into the bathroom. Brianna is smiling at Elliott while Jonas tells her about this game-winning goal he made during soccer practice. Elliott is sitting with a strict posture, an uncomfortable look on his face as he eyes Brianna wearily.

"Hey, Elliott, can you help me upstairs?" I ask and point my thumb behind me.

"Yeah!" he responds a bit too eagerly, springing up from the chair, the legs scratching against the wooden floors.

"Do you need our help too?" Brianna asks, her smile on the verge of psychotic.

"No, I think the two of us can handle it," I say. "Thanks though. You two have fun."

Elliott and I head upstairs to my room. As soon as he feels as though we are far enough away, Elliott whisper-screams, "we have to do something about this!"

I laugh. "She's fourteen, Li. It's not like there's anything we can do. I don't see the harm in any of it."

"I see a lot of harm in this actually," he argues. "Aren't you the least bit worried she'll break Jonas' heart?"

"Well, are you?" I shoot back, throwing their rocky relationship in his face.

Elliott shakes his head. "Come on, Ivy. I don't like the girl. Addison doesn't like the girl. Do you even like the girl?"