Ch. 33 - In Your Eyes

"I'm so sorry that this is so last minute! Addison and Elliott are both out tonight. I'd trust Jonas if he weren't Jonas."

I laugh. "Don't worry about it, Mrs. Kennedy. I'd be happy to come over and watch the kids for a couple of hours."

Levi's drops his jaw, throwing his hands up in the air. I shrug.

"Thanks, Ivy. I really appreciate it. Sorry to bother you again!"

"No worries! I'll see you tonight," I say. "Bye."

"Bye."

I put my phone in my back pocket. "Don't say anything."

"Uh," Levi pauses, "'Oh, I'm not busy at all, Mrs. Kennedy!'" he mimics me. "What am I to you, Ivy?"

"I'm sorry, Levi," I apologize. "I just haven't seen the kids in awhile. I see you like everyday."

He shakes his head. "I just didn't realize that our plans mean nothing to you."

"Yeah, well, I guess now is a good time to tell you that you mean absolutely nothing to me and I hate spending time with you," I joke.

He nods. "Alright, alright. I respect your honesty."

I sit back down on one of the beanbags in his room. "Did you see the new guy Kendra hired today? I felt so bad for him. He dropped like eight glasses in the kitchen."

"On his first day? Poor kid."

"Yeah," I sigh. "I think he might be one of the chefs' nephew or something, so they won't fire him."

"Once again," he pauses, "poor kid."

I laugh and bring one of the pillows against my chest. "Are you really going to quit soon?"

He shrugs. "The only reason I've stuck around so long is to hang out with you, Ivy."

I feel something flip in my stomach, but I ignore it. It must've been the sushi I ate earlier today. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." He sighs and stretches his arms in front of him. "But now that you're leaving for Rhode Island soon, I better get out of there as fast as I can."

I smile. "Clarissa will miss you so much!"

"I know. I don't know how anyone will function without my sarcastic humor and beautiful waiter talents."

"Your beautiful waiter talents?"

He nods. "The ladies always give me really nice tips, if you know what I mean." He winks awkwardly, his eyebrows moving in a weird wave.

I shake my head and throw a pillow at him. "You're so conceited, Levi. You're so conceited."

"Did you just reference my favorite movie for me, Ivy?"

I shrug and skillfully stand up from the beanbag. "I should get back to eat an early dinner with Jett and Nora before I babysit."

He pouts his lip. "I'll miss you so much, Ivyboo."

I give him a weird look and walk out of his room. He follows me out of his room and down the steps of the apartment building.

"But, seriously, I'm pissed that you're ditching me to work. What am I supposed to do tonight without my wing woman?"

"I don't know. Watch a movie or something."

"I'm not going to stay home to watch a movie on Halloween weekend, Ivy! I should be dressing up like John Cusack in Say Anything and going into parties with an inflatable boombox on my shoulder."