Ch. 37 - You...And Everyone Else

I'm still here! I don't even know where to start with my apology! I have been so stuck with this story and couldn't produce anything I felt worth publishing. Obviously I wasn't expecting to have pretty much no time at all to write. Almost a month passed and I've felt so much pressure to post. It's been hard, peeps. Hope you can understand!

love always

"Hi, you must be Britt. I'm Ivy."

The brunette cranes her neck to look at me while she works on hanging up a large collage of people sticking their middle fingers up on the wall. "Oh, sup?" She goes back to putting the collage on the wall, concentration on her face.

I set a heavy box of my things down on the unmade bed across from Britt's. The room is a nice size, especially for a college dorm room. Britt has already taken up one side of the room and set up her bed.

"Honey, where should I put Emma?"

A woman, Britt's mom, walks in with a life-size cardboard cutout of Emma Watson. She stumbles and nearly falls on her face, but manages to save Emma and herself. Britt takes the cutout from her mom and sets it off near her desk.

That will definitely scare me every morning.

"Oh! Are you Ivy?"

"Yes," I stick my hand out. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," she breathes out before turning to her daughter. "Poppas downstairs getting the last of your things." She eyes the poster of the middle fingers. "Classy, honey."

Britt smiles.

"Okay, someone needs to tell me where they got this," Jett announces, dropping my lamp on the floor to admire Emma Watson.

"Jett, can you hold the door open for me?" a panicked Nora calls from down the hallway.

"Ivy, the door," Jett mutters, still admiring Emma.

I roll my eyes and rush over to keep the door open for my sister. Nora comes sprinting in and throws two boxes on to the bed. She stands up and wipes her forehead. "So many stairs."

"Where is everyone else?" I ask.

"Flynn and Elliott had to take the elevator with the twins and Ethan. Jackie and Vic went to the grocery store to buy you a few snacks. Addison is changing Beth and Jonas is carrying up the last of your things," Nora says.

Britt raises an eyebrow. "Big family?"

"You could say that," I say vaguely.

"Donna, you will not believe it. There is a huge RV right outside the dorm. It honestly is the perfect size. I have to find the owner!" a man, Britt's dad, walks into the dorm with a box and places it down on her bed.

"No, we don't need an RV. We've been over this."

"Well, personally, I take this as a sign from God." He turns to me and my family. "Oh! Hello. Which one of you is Ivy?"

I raise my hand before sticking it out to shake his. "It's nice to meet you."

"You as well. Are you joining us for lunch? I heard there's this great place right near your dorm. Your parents are welcome to come too."

"Thank you for offering," I pause to pick up Ethan from the bed before he does a belly flop off of it, "but I promised my family we'd head up to Newport for the night."

"Newport?" her mom asks in confusion. "What's in Newport?"

"There's a place my dad used to go to there," Elliott jumps in. "I've always wanted to see it, and when Ivy wanted us all to come with her to Rhode Island I knew it was destined to be."