First Game Full of Surprises

The rest of the week went by pretty fast for the crew. Friday is finally here and the whole school was hyped for the game. Everyone chanted all day and some of the teachers had to even cut class short because no one paid attention. Ash on the other hand paid full attention. When some of his classes weren't doing anything, he would watch film. Ash was fully preparing himself for this game.

After the day, all the football players were in the cafeteria eating before the game. Suddenly the coach walks up to Ash and gives him his jersey.

Coach:"Here you go Ash, number 11 is the only jersey I could find that would fit you and that would look good for a quarterback"

Ash:"Thank you coach. Don't worry I like wearing 11, I used to wear it in junior pro."

Suddenly Ash gets a call from a friend

Ash:"Hello?"

Gary:"Yo Ashy-boy! What's up?"

Ash:"Gary! And not much sitting here eating before the game"

Gary:"So you get to start the first night?"

Ash:"Yeah, I didn't expect I was going to either but the plays here are kinda similar to the ones in our playbook in Kanto."

Gary:"So you'll just fit right in! Perfect. I knew you would. Well Ashy-boy. I wish you the best of luck tonight. Tonight here will be very different without you here. Good luck brother. Play your heart out"

Ash:"You do too, and I know the feeling. Its different without you all here too. Good luck to you as well. Play your ass off. Well Gary ill call you when the game is over."

Gary:"Alright Ashy-boy. Talk to you later"

After that Ash went back to eating. All the football players and their girlfriends said good luck to each other and everything. Ash felt a little out of place but it didn't bother him at all. He continued to look at film when suddenly May, Serena, and Dawn show up to him

The 3:"Hey Ash!"

Ash:"Hey girls, what's up?"

May:"Not much. Say why are you sitting here alone?"

Ash:"Oh, well I've had a few calls from friends back in Kanto wishing me good luck and I'm watching film."

Dawn:"Still? Ash you've been watching that all day. Don't you think you're ready?"

Ash:"Yeah I'm sure. I just feel a little different because I'm not as close to these people as I was back in Kanto. So I'm just watching how we play and how the other team plays. I always do this but back at home my best friend Gary watches them with me"

Dawn:"Oh okay. I think you shouldn't worry too much. I'm 100% positive that you'll play just like you do back at home!"

Serena:"Yeah! I agree with Dawn. You will play just fine. I'm sure of it."

Ash raised an eyebrow to that.

Ash:"Really? Thanks girls, it means a lot. Thank you."

The 3 girls smiled and said no problem. Then Brock walks up.

Brock:"Hey girls, is it okay if I talk to Ash for a little bit?"

The 3:"Sure! See you later Ash!"

Ash waved them bye and gave his attention to Brock.

Brock:"Hey Ash, how are you feeling?"

Ash:"Pretty good, just feel out of place but I'm sure ill get over it soon"