The Start of Something New

Man what a game! I said to my best friend on the phone. I told her I would talk to her when I get to her house.(Y'all can probably guess who it is now) I put my phone back into the cup holder. I continued to drive down the road listening to music as loud as it can be. BOOM! I feel the car starting to shake like hell! I almost flipped! I pulled over to the nearest spot and got out of the car. Great, a blown tire. I'm sitting here shaking to death and I don't have any signal on my phone! What am I gonna do! I mentally started to break down and cry. I sat down right next to the tire that was blown. I can't do anything about this is what I thought. Suddenly a truck pulls up and I can see who it is because the persons bright lights are on. The door opens and the person comes up to near and I turn my head and I realize who it is.

He asks, "Hey are you okay? Do you need some help?"

I immediately jumped on him.

Serena while sniffling, "Oh Ash! I'm so glad you're here! I can't call anyone and I thought I would be out here alone! I'm just so-"

Ash while still giving Serena a hug, "He-Hey clam down it's alright. Let me see what it is. I'm sure it's not too bad."

Serena lets him go but feels sad still. When he hugged her she hadn't felt that loved before. Not even by Calem, sure it's nothing too bad, but she still liked the feeling it gave her. She walked over to Ash

Ash:"I was right, it is nothing too bad"

Serena:"What do you mean? I can't drive to dawn's with a blown out tire!"

Ash with a little laugh, "well that's when you put the spare tire on. That's what it is made for in situations like these"

Serena gave him a confusing look

Ash:"Oh come on, do you not know about the spare tire for your car?"

Serena shook her head, "I had no idea to be honest"

Ash mentally face palmed himself, "well you do now. Ill teach you how to put it on in case this happens again."

Serena:"Well what do you do?"

Ash:"First you get the spare off the holders in your trunk"

Serena:"But there isn't a tire in my trunk"

Ash opens the trunk and pulls up the little latch and reveals the spare tire and the jack for it

Ash:"So there isn't a spare tire in your trunk?" he also gave a sarcastic confused look.

Serena:"Hey I only know how to start the car and drive it."

Ash:"Well that explains a lot. Anyways you take this bar out and go over to the tire and loosen the nuts"

Serena nodded in understanding. Ash continued to show her how to change her tire. They both laughed at a few stories they told to each other. Ash finally got done with changing her tire and wiped of his hands. He told her he should go get a new tire while putting up the blown one and putting all the tools back in her car. Ash was about to walk to his truck when Serena stopped him.

Serena:"Hey Ash wait!", Ash turned around and walked back to her. "Hey I just wanted to say I'm sorry, for everything, I haven't acted like my normal self to you at all yet because of Calems jealousy. You're a great guy and I want to be your friend."

Ash's heart jumped at that, "Oh! Its um okay. I understand. I didn't want to be a problem with your relationship. You still don't have to talk to me if I will still be. I just thought about talking to you because I thought you seemed nice" he said half heartily.

Serena:"No you won't. I promise. You need some new friends here and I want to be one. I just feel really bad for turning you down and not really talking to you when you tried to talk to me."