Seven

Torn by One Direction. OMG. I know this song is old but it was one of my favorite's when I was in...school But fangirling right now!!

We walk to my car and I try not to smile too much

We walk to my car and I try not to smile too much. But it's hard. "You might want to change, though," I add as I open the door for Kate. She narrows her eyes, but I can see how curious she is. "I mean, if you're up for a challenge," I taunt her.

She's got a bloody temper and I have every intention to use it against her.

I walk around the car to the driver's seat and the door makes a loud noise as I close it after me. "What do you want to show me?"

"The city." I smile to myself as I start the car.

"Well, that doesn't sound too interesting, Mark." Was there a trace of disappointment there?

"Oh. Trust me. I'm going to show you the city in a new light."

"And why do I need to change clothes?" Out of the corner of my eyes, I see how she crosses her arms, licking her lips, looking wary already.

"Just to be more comfortable," I shrug.

"Well, I'm fine, thank you for your concern." I laugh at the annoyance in her tone. This is going to be so much fun!

"Suit yourself." Don't want to say I told you so, but at the same time, I do. Kate shifts in her seat and it's pretty obvious that she's dying to know where I'm taking her, but I still need to rile her up so she doesn't back out at the last minute. "So, you're not mad that I called you a prude?"

She harrumphs and my lips curve up. "Of course not!" Yeah, right.

"It's just that you always seem too serious and such. I didn't mean to offend you. You know that, right?" I glance at her as we're in a red light.

She's frowning, her arms crossed across her chest. "What do you mean when you say I look serious?"

Bingo.

I shrug once more, just as the light changes to green. "You know, like one of those girls who doesn't take risks, who lives each day following the same habits..." I don't say it, but we both know I mean boring.

She flips her hair. "I'm constantly taking new challenges, Mark." There's a light edge on her voice and I have to struggle not to laugh at her.

"I'm sure you do." Keep at it, you're almost there.

"I do! Like, all the bloody time!" She uncrosses her arms just as I see Jason's place nearby.

"That's awesome. I didn't think you had it in you, to be honest."