Twenty-three

STAY - Zedd ft. Alessia Cara - WATER BOTTLE VERSION!! (I confess to have stared at this video like an idiot before I posted this) 

 Alessia Cara - WATER BOTTLE VERSION!! (I confess to have stared at this video like an idiot before I posted this) 

If I thought the camel ride at sunset was going to be romantic, it was incredibly cheesy and then some more. But I'm not complaining.

Apparently, I like cheesy. Like, too much.

Honestly, I think my problem starts with an M and ends with a K. And what a problem he is!

He's too handsome and conceited for his own good, but he's also incredibly kind and let's his guards off from time to time, and I have to admit, Mark and his random corny comments are incredibly sexy as well.

The sky looks like a beautiful canvas as it's painted with different colors by the end of the ride. Orange and yellow, with a few purple streaks. The ocean sparkles as if it was made of diamonds and the waves are crushing on the shore. The sea breeze is fresh and salty and it's the most incredible place I've ever been. It doesn't help that Mark as has been making me laugh by making faces and being funny.

I don't know. It might be a far-stretched thing to say, but I don't think I've ever felt this free, this happy before.

When the ride ends, Mark helps me get off the camel which wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it might be, but as I slide down his arms circle around me and I end up lost in his mesmerizing eyes.

I don't even feel when the tourist guide moves the camel away. I'm completely lost in Mark.

We don't say anything. We don't move. We just stare at each other.

I try to decipher what he might be feeling in that exact moment, but I can't. A part of me imagines that he's looking at me in awe, but it must be my hope taking over.

Because Mark is Mark, and I know that despite what he says, I'm not sure he'll ever settle for someone...

However, I know I'm doomed. I think I like Mark more than I should and even though I know this might be just a holiday fling, my soul hurts, because damn it. I want more.

"Are you blushing or are you just tanned?"

I smile at his randomness. Of course I'm bloody blushing. I mean, I've finally understood that despite every stupid effort not to fall for him, I might just have.

"Wow. Way to be romantic, Mark."

His gaze is intense as he leans closer to me. "I'm sorry. This romance thing is pretty hard to follow."

My lips part at his words. What does he means by that?

"You're failing it, sorry."

His head falls back as he laughs. I grin like an idiot because he has such a nice laugh. It's warming and uplifting and you can't help but feel as if the sun has just touched your heart.