Seventeen

I'm exhausted from the trip, but I don't seem to conciliate sleep

I'm exhausted from the trip, but I don't seem to conciliate sleep. Mark doesn't seem to mind, because after dinner, we take a stroll through the city.

The air is colder and feels great on my skin as we wander aimlessly through the streets. Most places are closed, but you can feel the buzzing energy of nightlife around the corner. We try to avoid the more crowded places because despite the fact the bodyguard are dressed in casual clothes, they still look like bodyguards. They're both buff and are always observing to the sides. Honestly, they might as well wear a tag saying they're bodyguards, because it's pretty damn obvious.

"How are you feeling?" Mark asks for the gazillionth time and my heart warms at his concern.

"I think we should go to the hotel now," I say. It's pretty obvious he's tired, since he has stifled a yawn three times already.

"We can take a detour through Hyde Park. I heard it's really pretty at night." He glances behind us, to one of his bodyguards, before turning to me. "Do you feel like it?"

I'm honestly in awe at everything we see, so I nod.

"Is this your first time in Australia?" I ask as we start walking to the left, where he just gestured me to go.

He shakes his head. "No. I've been here a few times already." Of course. "By the way, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to do the usual touristic places or if you rather go to this city I've been dying to visit for a long time."

Touristic places are probably out of the list. I don't think that either of us wants the press behind our backs.

"Which city?"

"Broome. We have to take another plane because it's not near, but I've been told it's one of the most beautiful places in Australia, and it's not as usually popular as other places like Melbourne or Perth, or even Sydney."

As we cross the street, he places a palm on my lower back and I feel little tingles shot from the touch. "Have you not visited it? Ever?" I'm praying that my voice is steady and hiding the fact that my heart is doing somersaults.

His lips tug up. "Nope. That's why I thought it would be fun to go to a new place for us both."

"I'm in," I say with a smile of my own. I notice how after we've crossed the street, he doesn't take his hand off my back. And I'm not sure I want him to.

It feels nice. 

Maybe too nice.

And as much as I'm excited, I'm also freaking out because Mark is everything I should avoid, and yet, I keep feeling drawn to him.