Epilogue | The Last Rose

3 Y E A R S L A T E R

I open the door to my penthouse in New York, the door opening to reveal a beautiful modern homely penthouse with such a beautiful view of the city. I walk inside, dressed up in a black off shoulder top and a red checked skirt with knee high boots, closing the door behind me as I place my keys on the drawer.

Walking down the short hallway when I get to the living room, bright light fills the room with the beautiful view of the city during daylight that is showcased to me through floor length windows that surround the room

Walking down the short hallway when I get to the living room, bright light fills the room with the beautiful view of the city during daylight that is showcased to me through floor length windows that surround the room. I smile softly, making my way to the kitchen and cooking up some breakfast. Afterwards, while eating the pancakes I made, it's delicious mouth-watering aroma blurring my scent, I sit down on my laptop on the sofas to complete my final design.

After high school, I went college, the same college as my boyfriend, and took a degree in Business and Fashion. Two years of stress and exams, I was out and left to fulfil my dream of becoming a designer. I never inherited my Dad's business or hotels because I simply wanted to start my own so since my Dad had no heir, he passed it down to my step-brother Axel, who now happily owns the company.

However, there's a twist. Since he was also the heir to Bryce's business, he decided to join both companies and created a world wide company with thousands and thousands of investments.

Austin's engineering business actually is booming, his sale prices have skyrocketed out the roof and he, along with his brother, is close to becoming a multi-millionaire. Unlike Axel, Austin has now settled down with his girlfriend of 2 years and we are all hoping to see a ring soon.

Then there's me. Obviously I went down the business route but I also took the fashion route and now I'm currently owning C'est la Vie, which is my fashion company, spreading worldwide with help of my two step-brothers.

Currently, as I finalise the email I'm sending, I hear a quiet. "Boo!"

I jump, startled and turn around to find my boyfriend grinning at me with those cute sparkling eyes glistening at me. He wiggles his eyebrows as he takes his seat beside me, flinging his arm over my shoulder.

Jay and I have been going out for nearly 4 years now. He is a CEO and invests in many company and branches. He took business as his major when we went college, two struggling years but will always be so worth it.

"What you doing?"

"Finishing up my email. I have a meeting today, lunch with Jimmy Clink and not to mention, a whole project due in five days."

He chuckles and kisses me lightly, making me blush as he closes the laptop and places it on the glass coffee table. With his soft yet firm hands, he cups my cheek with a reassuring smile.