Chapter 8: Marked

Chapter 8: Marked

I can't believe it... when did I get so... confident? All those years I've known him... I've always been shy and quiet... and now... too bad I don't really care.... considering what we.... just did... Luke went home because his parents were wondering where he was, he told them he slept over his friends house... They bought it. (Thank GOSH!)

I took another shower, and as I stepped out I noticed something strange on my shoulder blade... A mark... it looked just like... a tattoo... It looked just like... a wolf... A heart shaped moon behind it. 3 dots lines each side of the heart and the dots were black colored. The wolf was titled upward. His nose pointing straight up, while his left front paw was slightly lifted up from the ground. I tried rubbing it off.... over and over again. As my skin started to turn red from the continuous assault.

The tattoo thing started to change colors... a blue... I freaked out even more and it turned a navy blue...

"STOP CHANGING COLORS!" I shouted at the tattooo like a physco.

"YOU MOTHERE MONKEY FREAK! WHAT THE HEY HEY!? WHY... WON'T... YOU...COME....OFF!" I shouted in between scratching the tattoo with my nails. 

It began to bleed, and I realized just how badly I pierced the skin.

"I'm so screwed, sooo screwed!" I said as i felt tears slid diwn my face.

I slumped down against the wall beside the sink with nothing but a towel on and began to cry harder . 

"Faye? Faye?" Luke knocked on the door lightly. I didn't want him to see me like this.... but i just couldn't pull myself together at the moment. And just like thenidiot I am I forgot to lock the door.  

"Faye? I'm coming in...." He didn't even have to knock or ask to come in anymore.... what would it matter if he saw me in just a towel? He's seen more.

"Faye? Love.... what is wro-" He stopped suddenly and was besid eme before my heart could beat twice. 

He unwrapped my arms from around my legs and lifted my chin so my hair could no longer shield the damge I had done.  

" Oh, love... why did you do that? " He said with concern writtenly plainly across his face as his eye brows scrunched together. 

" I-I- I'm g-going to g-get in-in- into so-so ma-ma- much t-tr- trouble" I sobbed like a child as I put my face in my hands and my hair fell around my bare shoulders.

Luke stood up and walked to the cabinet where the first aid kit was. He took out the supplies that was needednand did what he had to do...I don't even know what he did because I faded in and out of sleep. The pain awakening everytime I'd wake up, but dull as soon as I fell back to sleep. I awoke in my bed... still in a towel.

"Sorry I didn't dress you.... I - I didn't know if you wanted really me to, " He said with his sad gaze fixed on the floor. He sat on the edge of the bed, his thighs, and his hands clasped together tightly

"I wouldn't have cared," I said softly, getting up and moving sbout the room to changem

"I'm sorry, " he whispered.

I looked at him my head tilted and my eyebrows scrunched together.

"I did that to you, and I caused you to harm yourself... I'm so sorry..." He said getting up to leave.

I grabbed hold of his arms and he lightley, and gently pushed it away. I ran to the door and locked it with my key and put it down my shirt. Yes, there is a lock on the inside of my door too, there's actually 2 locks. Don't ask... Cause I really don't know.... 

"You're not leaving," I said my eyes slanted as I looked at his hard expression.

"You are NOT aloowed to beat yourself up about anything until you tell me why!" His face suddenly softened.

"That mark, that you have," He stopped and softly brushed his fingers across the bandages.

"I gave you that mark... Faye, I mated with you...." 

"You... you.... but only...." realization dawned on me suddenly.

Luke's P.O.V

God....I'm so stupid! How could I not have told her? Or even ask if she wanted me...

"But I read about that... a tattoo only appears w-when...." Her eyebrows lifted up high as she looked at me.

I stood stock still, afraid that she would started running and screaming.... but she didn't.

She brushed past me and put her hand on the window. She looked out past the never ending snow...

"I always knew something was wrong with me...." she said softly.

I was afraid to reply, or even walk.... or move for that matter.

"There was always this feeling I would get... when I was near the forest... this sense of freedom... where all I wanted to do was run in to the forest... and just keep running... It tugged at me... It was like someone was pushing me towards it... I never knew what it meant till not..." she stopped suddenly and walked towards me.

She wrapped her arms around me and my body automatically relaxed.Then she slowly let go of me...

"Why didn't you ever tell me? I think I had a right to know...One of your pack.... they killed me mother....Didn't they?" She asked softly turning around.

Just when I thought everything would be fine. 

"I... I wasn't allowed to.... they...they would've...Faye! They would have killed you! How... I ... Couldn't live without you Faye! Please.... Look at me! I;m so sorry...." As I felt my insides burning turned inside out at the thought..... My mate wouldn't even look at me... which just made the feeling intensify. 

Her shoulders started to shake as she feel to the floor. She layed there in a heap, as she cried, her sobs getting louder and louder. I dropped to my knees onto the floor and wrapped my arms around her grieving form.

"They-they-they killed her!" She screamed through he cries of desperation.

"They killed her..." she said again but quieter.

I said nothing as I just held her tightly close to me rocking her back and forth.

"I can't believe it... I can't believe that-  that the.... would- would th-they be-be my p-pack too n-now? Am- Am I going to-to ch-change? I'm so scared" She whispered the last part as her sobs slowly died down.

'I- I will explain everything, I promise... I didn't mean to force this decision on you now... but if- if you want me to stay away for a while... I- I will. For-For you... I'd do anything for you....."