Chapter 12

"W-what are you doing here...?" Ruka said in an angry tone. She lifted her head and look straight at the Sakamaki brothers. Ayato tried to go closer but Ruka suddenly shouted, "Don't come any closer!" He stopped in his tracks even though he wanted to embrace the girl infront of him. Subaru then grabbed Ruka's arm and shouted, "Stop messing around! We have to leave!" Ruka took this opportunity to throw Subaru over her. A loud BANG was heard when Subaru fell on his back. "Don't touch me..." Ruka said. The brothers didn't know how to react. Should they get scared since this was not the Ruka they knew? Or should they be laughing because Subaru was beaten by a girl? Maybe both.

"Ruka-chan.... we should be going home.... if you don't.... Elizabeth might get mad...." Kanato said softly. Ruka faced him and said, "Who is Elizabeth..?" Right at that moment the brothers knew something was wrong. How could Ruka forget the thing she valued the most?

Shu finally lost his composture and grabbed Yuma. "What the fuck did you do!?" Shu cussed. When Yuma didn't answer Shu punched his face. Yuma coughed out blood then smirked. That irritated Shu more and the other brothers. When he was about to swing another punch Ruka grabbed his fist. "You're not laying one finger on them..." Ruka said as her eyes were glowing. Shu had doubts if it was really Ruka standing right infront of him. 'Was Ruka really like this? Did she really have this blood-thirsty eyes? Why is she protecting the people who kidnapped her?'  Shu's brain was overloading with questions. He wanted to burst right there and then but he couldn't.

"Why are you protecting them?" Subaru managed to ask. When Ruka glanced at Subaru she felt a shock in her brain that caused her to let go of Shu. She held her head because of the pain she was experiencing. "H-hey... are you okay?" Subaru was about to touch Ruka but Ruka slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me!" Ruka shouted but felt the shock again. 'Don't worry... even if my brothers ignore you... I will stay by your side. I won't leave you.' Ruka heard a voice inside her head. 'Huh? Who is this?' She thought. 'Don't be guilty. It doesn't hurt anyways. Drink as much as you want. I know you're thirsty' The voice spoke once again.

"Reiji... this is our chance," Laito whispered. Reiji nodded then injected something to Ruka. Ruka was too occupied to notice so she slowly fell asleep. Shu carried her (here you go you Shu Addicts!!!) In his arms while exiting the mansion. "We'll definitely get M neko-chan back!!!" Kou shouted not realizing tears were escaping his eyes.