Chapter 14

The flames slowly calmed as Ruka got further and further. The brothers didn't bother on chasing her. To Ruka they are just enemies.

"So what do we do? We just can't let koneko-chan stay like that right?" Laito spoke to his brothers. "Yeah... I don't like Ruka as she is now...." Kanato commented. "Let's think of a way. For now let's all calm down," Shu spoke which caused shock to Reiji.

When all the brothers were dismissed, Shu just stayed. "Why acting like the eldest all of a sudden?" Reiji asked as he sat down. "I simply have to do what Im suppose to do. We all have to work together in order to get Ruka back. That's all we want right?" Shu said as he tried relaxing on the couch. Reiji's eyes widened for he was surprised at his brother's reply. He was expecting a reply like, 'leave me alone' 'I don't care' '....'

"Give me your hand," Reiji spoke. Shu open one eye and glanced at him before closing them again. "Why?" He asked. "I saw you got burned earlier. Let me treat it," Reiji said as he held his book. "And why would YOU wanna do that?" Shu asked with suspision. "As you said... we all have to work together right?"

------------------Ruka's side----------------------

Ruka went to the house she called home. She knocked a few times before anyone answered, "Yes? May I help you?" "W-who are you....?" She asked the unfamiliar person. "Oh Im the owner of this house. Are you looking for someone?" He asked. "Umm... t-the Mukami...." "oh! those sweet boys! They already left last night and paid for their stay," He replied with a smile

Ruka didn't know where to go and was wandering mindlessly on the streets. Her ankle started hurting but she didn't mind it. Suddenly she bumped into someone. "Ah! S-sorry!" The woman said. 'This woman... she seems familiar....' Ruka thought. "Im really sorry m- Ruka!?" The woman shouted. "Y-yes?" Ruka was taken by surprise. "It's me! Yui. Remember?" "Sorry b-but no..." Yui was dissapointed but then just laughed while scratching her head. "I mean yeah I do look a lot older. I mean it's been 8 years already so it's not a surprise that I look different," she said in an awkward voice. Yui then noticed Ruka's ankle. It was a bit purple-ish and looked like it was very painful. "Ruka.. let me heal your ankle," She said with a determined face. 'This is the least I could do for her after everything she has done for me in the past' Yui thought.