[Ayato Ending]

Ruka was walking to her next class until someone pulled her and started running. "A-Ayato?" she said as she recognized the person. Ayato ran out of the school while dragging Ruka. once they were far enough from the school,Ayato stopped running and so did Ruka. Ruka held her knees as she tried to catch her breath. Ayato looked at her with concern and said, "Sorry I just wanted to show you something." Ruka stood up and replied, "What is it..?"

It was silent as they walked through the dark forest. "Ayato.. where exactly are you taking me?" Ruka asked because she was getting suspicious of Ayato. "Just follow me," Ayato replied. Ruka stopped for a bit which made Ayato stop and look back at her. "You aren't... gonna drown me like last time... right...?" Ruka asked out of fear. Ayato looked at her with guilt as he remembered those harsh things he did to her.

 Ayato looked at her with guilt as he remembered those harsh things he did to her

"Im sorry.. I really am," He said with sadness. he got closer to Ruka and gave her a warm embrace. "I know you are.. I forgave you a long time ago..." Ruka replied silently. Suddenly Ayato saw a glimpse of a light floating in midair. he broke the hug with Ruka and told her, "It's here." "What is..?" Ruka asked. when she looked behind her she saw.......

fireflies..... hundreds of them. she smiled as she admired the bright lights which these fireflies gave. While Ruka was admiring the fireflies, Ayato admired something else. He admired Ruka's smile and her sparkling eyes. It was almost a if he was falling in love with her again. "They're just like you..." Ayato whispered which made Ruka look back at him. "They gave light to this dark forest such as you give light to my life," He continued.

Ruka stepped closer to him and said, "Rather than being first... I want to be last..." Ayato was confused and asked, "last in what?" Ruka stared at his eyes and said, "I want to be your lasting love..." Ayato's eyes widened as he fell on the ground. Ruka rushed over him and saw his shocked expression. "I... I think im gonna faint," Ayato spoke. Ruka chuckled before saying, "I love you." Ayato looked back at her and gave her a heartful smile as he said, "I love you too."