Chapter 24

Ruka slept peacfully on her bed. The sunlight gracefully kissed Ruka's cheek. She flickered her eyes open but it took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the brightness. She slowly lifted herself up and was greeted by a familiar face. "Ayato..." Ruka said to the boy with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He suddenly gave Ruka a big embrace. "Ruka... I miss you so much..." Ayato said with his voice cracking a little. Ruka felt hot streams of tears on her shoulders but she chose to ignore it. She smiled as she held Ayato's back while saying, "Im glad to be back....."

-----------------Mukami's Side------------------

Yuma threw a punch to Azusa whIch caused him to fall back. "Why the hell did you give her to the Sakamaki!!?? And even the potion!! What the hell are you thinking!!?? What about our mission!!??" Yuma shouted in anger. Ruki held his shoulder to calm him down. "Maybe Azusa has a good reason to do that," Ruki said as he glanced at Azusa. "Ruka..... she was in pain.... I don't want to see her hurt....." Azusa said calmly. The brothers were taken back by his reply. They never thought about Ruka's feelings and was blinded by their revenge. Kou stood infront of Azusa and faced the others.

"I was the one who gave Azusa the ingredients for the potion. I think we should not bother Ruka and the Sakamaki anymore. It would just cause more pain gor her," Kou confessed. Yuma and Ruki felt angry. Not at Kou or Azusa. Not at the Sakamaki. Not even at Karl Heinz. They felt angry at themselves. They let the one they love suffer so much.