Chapter five

The past that haunts him

It's frightening, it scares me too.

Should I know what happened? Or

Should I run away in fear? After all

It's his past not mine, but I love him.

Yet his past burns me with fear.

It's haunting him! I can see it!

It's just that darkness that keeps on

Creeping and crawling closer as he

Tries to turn it attacks his fear.

It makes it all seem like a fantasy

Of a frightening friction.

But it burns him and all he can give is

That frightening stare. Causing me to keep

My distance, but... I can't help it, heaven

Knows I care and that look... that scary look...

That keeps my spine tingling with fear...

That stops my heart within seconds, not

Giving it a minute to take its next beat.

I know it's the past that haunts him,

But why not face it?

Why not? I repeat, why not face

The past that triggers the present

Life? Why not creep back and scratch

The itching parts that freckles in the past?

He had me chained and pinned to the ground.

The sense of fear had already reached his eyes.

All I could do was watch him... watch

Him fall apart. Watch him run from his

Past like the Devil was on his tail. Watch

Him defeated and lost... watch him be

Consumed by fear. And hear fate say,

'There's nothing I can do... it haunts him,

It's too late.'

It's too late to turn back now... the past

Has it's doors locked up.

Done by

Naledi, Philisiwe, Zama, Siyamthanda Cele and Nomathemba, Ntombi Zondi

Naruto Pov

I was sitting in the living room reading my favourite book 'To kill a Mocking Bird'. Kurama walked in grinning like idiot he is and sat beside me. I felt someone staring at me, so I turned and looked at Kurama, blinked twice and looked back at my book. "What?" I asked. "What would you say if I told that I set a double date for you, me, Itachi and Sasuke?" He said. "I'd ask you why did you do that?" I asked with a little irritation in my voice. "Cause it's been 4 weeks since you've been single and I'm trying to get you back on the swing." He stated.

"I'm very much quiet fine with being single, thank you very much. And I prefer to be alone from now on that way I don't have to be heartbroken because of someone. Thanks for caring Kurama but I don't need to get on the swing of things." I said not even looking at him while read my book. "Come on Naruto it would be fun. Sasuke and you are prefect for each other. Example, his handsome, your adorable. His your prince charming and you're his damsel in destress. You two are a match made in heaven if you ask me!" I rolled my eyes at what he said.

"Naruto, if you keep hiding from people, just because you fear that they will hurt you. You'll never be happy. Don't close people out because one bitch did you harm. Gaara can go chock on his balls for all I care. But don't let that one fucker ruin your chances of being happy." He said. 'Maybe he is right. With Sasuke I manage to forget the things that have happened these past few months. And I have fallen for him, it's that I was too afraid to admit it. I shouldn't let my past haunt me.' I closed my eyes and signed.

"You're right, I'll give it a try." I said looking at him as he smiled a huge smile. "Great! I'll go tell him to get ready." He stood up and ran out the living room. I shook my head and went back to my book. 30 minutes later Itachi walk through the front door, hanged his coat. Took off his shoes and placed them neatly on the side together with his suitcase. He looked up. "Ow! Hay there Naruto." "Hay Itachi." He walk over and sat next to me. "So... how are you doing?" "Still breathing and you?"

He chuckled at my response. "That's a good one. With me... I can't complain. Where's your brother?" He asked. "He went up to go tell Sasuke to get ready for the double date." "Is that so..." I snorted. "You know Kurama!" I said. "You know, I should thank you." I looked up from my book and looked at Itachi curiously. "What for, I don't think I did anything to deserve a 'thank you'." I asked. "For Sasuke." He said. I closed my book and looked at Itachi in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Sasuke was a happy child, eager to please and be worthy of his family name." He smiled for a moment as he looked at the ground deep in thought. The smile on his face faded as he continued. "This changed after our parent where murdered. His the one who found their lifeless bodies in the pool of their own blood. And he saw who it is as that man got away. He fell apart that day. That happy eager little boy was gone. He ended up becoming cold toward others, unmoved by and uninterested in what they do or think of him, choosing instead to keep to himself. His only goal was to hunt down the man and kill him. It's the past that haunts him. "

He signed, closed his eyes for a moment and looked at me with a smile. "That is why I said I should thank you. Because of you, you've helped him to forget the past that haunts him. You've done something I couldn't do. Even though his not that eager little boy but at least his happy." He said smiling at me and I smiled back. Then something came to thought. "Itachi... did he manage to find the man, he didn't really kill him right?" I asked. "Yes he did! That man is now serving life behind bars. Apparently his killed a lot of people and the police have been after him." I sign in relief. 'Even if the man did such things, taking one's life won't bring back your loved ones.' I thought. Itachi stood up and looked at me. "We should go get ready." I stood up and followed him up the stairs.