Chapter 22

Sasuke Pov

*1 week later*

I watched Naruto as he hopped around our room, trying to get into his pants. (An: I've never been pregnant, because I'm still too young for something like that. But have you ever been in moments were you can no longer fit into your favourite pants...I know I have>_>) "What are you doing? Come back to bed." I calmly said. "No can do, Sasuke. I'm trying to get ready..." He replied.

I sat up and looked at him questionably. "For what exactly?" I eyed him as he took of his pants and went to go look for maternity clothes. I heard him mumble under his breath, saying something that sounded like he hated these clothes. He sighed. "I'm getting ready for work... It's been a while since-" "You are not going there." He never got to finish his sentence as I interrupted him.

He looked at me in bewilderment and then huffed. "Really? Now tell me, who died and made you God?" I narrowed my eyes. I stood up from the bed and walked to the drawer to get a pair of sweaties. "I did! You are not going anywhere in your condition." I said calmly at the same time stern. He scowled. "You make it sound like I've got some type of disease." He said sarcastically.

I pinched at the bridge of my nose, rubbed my head, rubbed my forehead and let out a sigh. "I'm saying this because I care. With you going out there who knows what could happen!" He rolled his eyes. "I'm 'pregnant' not 'crippled', Sasuke." He yelled. "You get to go to walk, I just have to sit here and do nothing. All that makes me feel helpless." He sighed. "I-I know... that you've been worried about me. I knows I have two people to think about at this moment, but I can honestly take care of myself." My eyes soften as I pulled him close to me. "I'm afraid..." I kissed his forehead. "...I'm afraid of what could happen to you, If you're not careful enough..." He pouted. "...cut me some slack... you're clumsy..."

Naruto narrowed his eyes at me, his lips continued to make that cute pout of his. "...Sometime. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you or our kids, knowing I could have prevented it." Naruto's eyes soften as he placed his hand on his belly. He look down and smile. He walked up to me, cupped my cheeks, stood on his tippy toes and gently pecked my lips.

We stared at each other for a moment, until he spoke. "Have faith in me will you? I'm not made of glass, so I'm not that fragile. I can take care of myself, I won't let anything happen to our kids." He looked deep into my eyes. He removed one of his hands from my cheeks, only to grab my hand and placed it over his belly. With his perfect small hand over mine.

"I don't want to live a life were I'm afraid of what might happen. Just let me do this just for this month... please?" I let out a sigh and reluctantly nodded. "Very well, as long as it's just for this month." He grinned at me and kissed me. I felt kicks under the palm of my hand. Naruto giggled. "I guess they excited to finally leave the house." Another kick and Naruto hissed. "Hay! What's the big idea? Which one of you did that?" He scolded his belly. I chuckled at his antics and silenced him with a kiss.

*At work*

Naruto Pov

Ahh, it's nice to finally get out the house and do something about my life for once. If I stayed any longer, I was sure to suffocate in my own home. I was currently busy in my office when I heard a knock on my office door. I looked up to see cousin Ino and Karin, I gasped and immediately stood up to go greet them. "Ino, Karin, it's lovey to see you guys again." I embraced them.

"It's nice to see you too. I see the Uchiha has finally knocked you up. Look at you? You're practically glowing!" Said Karin with a smirk as I blushed. "Oh but Karin? His not the only one that's practically glowing." Said Ino. Karin's face instantly matched her hair colour. "INO!" she screamed.

I owlishly blinked at Karin and looked between her and Ino. I tried to put two and two together and it all made sense. "You're pregnant? How long?" I gasped and held her hands. I was practically bouncing on the ground. She glared at Ino, who just smiled at her. She turned to me defeated and nodded her head with a smile. "Yes! I'm two months now." "And guess what? She's getting married." Said Ino, smiling to her hearts content. My eyes widen at the information.

I looked at her in awe as she cursed Ino under her breath. "Ino! Shut the fuck up. I can talk about my life stories by myself thank you very much." Karin huffed as she turned to me with a smile. "So Suigetsu has finally decided to tie the knot?" I huffed. "Took him long enough. I had half the mind to walk up to him and knock some sense into him. His been making you wait for too long now." We laughed. "I'm really happy for you Karin, you're finally living the life." Karin giggled. "Oh come on Naruto, I'm sure Sasuke will propose soon." Ino nodded agreeing with Karin.

"I'm in no rush. Even if he does propose to me now, I'd ask him to at least wait for me to get these two out. We can't be walking down the aisle like a balloon." They laughed and rolled their eyes. But realization hit Karin like a speeding train. "These two? As in tweens?" she asked. I smiled and nodded. "Way to go, Sasuke!" Ino stated in disbelief as I blushed. "So Ino how's life going with you and..." "Juugo?" I nodded. "We broke up, we decided we weren't meant to be. His sweet and all, but a little clingy."

She said it so naturally, like she was talking about the weather. I was about to say something when we heard a knock on the door. We all turn to see Sai walk into my office. "Hay dickless? The report you asked for are done." I scowled as he handed me the report. "It's better to be dickless than to be Satan's bitch." I shot back. "Dickless, we spoke about this. You can't keep swearing, think about the kids." I glared at Sai. "Why ain't you handsome!" Commented Ino.

Sai turned to Ino. "Sai is far from pleasant words." I hissed. Ino ignored my comment as she started flirting with Sai. Karin sighed beside me as she crossed her arms. "Only Ino." She said as I nodded in agreement.

-.-.-.-.-.-

let's make a count down to eight months, shall we?