You Say I Would Make A Better Liar

><Collin><

Josh bounced into the house at exactly five o'clock. And when I say bounce, I mean actually jumping from foot to foot, full of erratic energy. "Hey!" He yelled brightly, running into the kitchen. 

"-and at any rate, you basically own the-hey, Josh-place so you should get a raise and you deserve one. You should just march in there and get one." I pointed at Meg, giving her a stern look. One that, in truth, was probably lessened by the fact that I was holding her latest creation, an impossibly healthy, coffee-tasting bar, in one hand and a hairbrush in the other. 

She sighed, pushing a messy strand of her brown hair from her eyes. "Let's talk about this later." She said in a tone that implied that we wouldn't speak of it again, at least not any time soon.  "Go, I don't know, play with Josh or something. I'm sure he's here for a reason."

"Actually," Josh jumped in, obviously sensing the tension in the air, "I am." He pulled out two thin, white sheets of paper. There were little blue lines along the borders, with some text written just about all over it. 

I looked at them curiously, trying to deduce what exactly they were. Meg figured it out before me, dropping the spoon she had been holding with a gasp. "Ten points to Meg!" Josh smiled, handing one of the papers to her. "Have you figured it out yet, Collin?"

I shook my head. "No, what are they? Meal tickets or something?" I had helped Meg sell some of her treats at a fair and part of the pay were meal tickets. Small, easily lost pieces of paper that gave you one free, crappy meal a day. 

"They're concert tickets, Collin! For Fall Out Boy and Wheezer! I thought these sold out months ago!" Meg stared hungrily at the ticket, not taking her eyes off of it as though she were afraid it would disappear. 

Josh nodded. "I don't know how much you like Fall Out Boy, Collin, so I'm sorry to disappoint you. There's only one of those."

I squinted at the other ticket in his hand, trying not to let my heart drop. I knew that Meg wouldn't want to go without me, but also that I wouldn't let her miss it for the world. Would they be going together?

"But I do have one for this other concert. Some band, Trench something. Great privileges, meeting the band, backstage pass. Cool stuff. If you want to go, of course." His eyes laughed. He knew that I wouldn't miss it for the world. 

I hugged him tightly, trying to repress a scream. This was really happening. Josh Ramsay was really inviting me to go to his concert. Josh Ramsay was...I thought about it for a moment. Were we dating? We had gone out a few times, but did that mean anything? "Thanks, Josh." I whispered. 

He hugged me back. "Anything for my girlfriend. Anything for you." 

There was my answer.