Now Stand Back Up

><Meg><

More bruises. 

It used to be hard to believe that Collin didn't notice. She was always the observant one between the two of us.

More cuts.

Every day when I went out, it was after denying an invitation to hang out with Jacob. Matt, too, when he was off of tour. I hated it. I wasn't as though I'd rather be there than with them. I had to. 

Anyone looking from the outside would call me crazy, but it was true. I had to. 

Sixteen years without seeing him. Sixteen whole fucking years that I had to build a life, get a job, fall in love. And I did. Okay, so maybe the last one was more of a platonic thing, but it was true. I loved Collin more than I loved my own life. Even more than I had loved him once. 

And now Collin knew. She had been so wild when she found out-more emotions swirling inside of her than even when Josh broke up with her. (So she did still care, after all.)

"How could you even think to go back to him?"

You, my friend, are the one who always speaks of second chances. 

"Why would you stay?"

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone. Especially drunken ones.

But of course I said none of this.

"I'm going to stay with the guys for the rest of this week, okay? You need to figure this out."

It was hard to believe that Collin was once the only one who cared.