Don't You Move

I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER BFHWEFDC

//Okay, we're good. I looked at my notes. 

><Collin><

The concert was in full swing. Except Marianas Trench was far from a swing band. So full...rock. That makes more sense, actually. Josh was dancing around the stage, singing some of the older songs from Fix Me, as well as newer ones. 

I couldn't see too much, standing off to the side of the stage. Their backs were to me, but the faces in the audience weren't. I could see so many mixed emotions in there: love (directed at the guys or the music, or both, in some cases), joy, wonder, complete and total immersion. I think that was the best part-seeing these different reactions-hundreds, thousands, even, of them. And all for one thing, too. 

Music was more than just a sort of comfort for me. I felt like it spoke my soul more than anything else. Growing up, I knew people who read books or wrote for that reason, as well as others who just laughed at the whole idea. The few people I met who could connect over music I befriended instantly, one such person being Meg. 

We used to always joke that when Meg fell in love (something she had sworn off long ago) all the quotes in her room would make sense. She would then shoot back that I wouldn't even be able to listen to my iPod without thinking of him. Or her, she would add, mostly joking. Always the fair one, Meg. 

It was clear that at least most people in the audience could relate. One girl even had tears riding down her face, making streaks in her makeup. It wasn't even just girls, too (and not just teenagers). I saw a good number of guys, at least half the people there. Honestly, it surprised me. It shouldn't have, but it did. The fact that not everyone was wearing black or emerald colors wasn't a big deal, but I suppose I had just generalized fans as female. Maybe because all the guys I knew were to road-kill brained to understand the lyrics. Even more, appreciate the music. 

Before I knew it, the whole thing was over. The music had been a soundtrack for my watching, but a dull one in my concentration. 

They all jog off the stage to a crescendo of hollers, getting louder and louder as though people were fighting to be heard over everyone else. And some succeeded, too. The loud shrieks following them as they made their way to me.

Josh opened his arms as though to give me a hug, but I back away, scrunching my nose. I could see the sweat on him-on all of them. "Try a shower first. Please."

He flicked his fringe out of his eyes with a grin. "Alright, fine. I guess you just don't love me enough."

I rolled my eyes. Matt nudged me with his shoulder towards his friend, pressuring me forward. "Come on, Collin. Don't you love Josh-y here?"

"Aw, he looks so sad, too." Ian joked, "Just look at those eyes-like a little puppy. Could you possible say no to him?"

"No," I pointed at Josh firmly. Turning to the others, I did the same. "No, no, no. It's not a hard word, really. No."

We exited the pre-stage area, entering where they changed and got ready. It was a dark space-seeming even more so with the black limbs of electrical equipment and walls. Even the floors were a dark gray-like the straight flag had thrown up all over the place. An emo rainbow. 

Mike turned around so that he was walking backwards, facing us. There wasn't enough room to walk three abreast; barely room for two. Josh's elbows jabbed me in the sides occasionally, and I did the same right back to him. "I didn't even do anything," Mike said, holding his hands up as if in protest. "It's these guys-troublemakers, all of them. No good, very bad, awful people."

"And you're not?" Josh shook his head, giving me an involuntary (though relatively clear of sweat) kiss on the cheek before following his mates into the band room.